BENTON CITY, Wash. - A potentially dangerous situation near Benton City Wednesday afternoon aAfter a shed containing propane tanks and other equipment caught fire.
Fire crews responded to the 4000 block of West Corral Creek Road around 3 p.m. and found a shed fully engulfed in flames. They say the fire had been burning for some time before someone noticed because of its rural location.
Investigators believe the blaze actually started on an adjacent property and spread to the shed.
"A neighbor was burning, that's a separate property owner, and those are the piles you see behind us, they've been burning since 6-7 this morning, and my assumption is that it was left unattended," said Benton City Fire Dist. 2 Chief Ron Duncan.
In addition to the equipment in the shed, nearby cars were also damaged. The property owner was treated for smoke inhalation.