KENNEWICK, Wash.- Around 2 a.m. Saturday, a fire burned through the roof of Kennewick Vision Care on Clearwater Avenue.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. The entire upper half of the building no longer stands and all that's left are the charred remains of the business. The private practice owned by two optometrists had seen patients in that building for 18 years. Within just a couple of hours the building went up in flames leaving an estimated $500,000 in damages.
"Well this is something that no one ever wants to face in their lifetime," said LoAnn Ayers, a co-owner of the building. "It's a shock and it's sadness, but we have just been so blessed by the outpouring of support; people stopping by and texting and emailing. We've got an amazing community so we're lucky to be in the Tri-Cities."
The owners of the building plan to lease a nearby location so they can continue seeing their patients until they are able to rebuild their business.