Pendleton School District Holds Public Forums about Upcoming Bond
PENDLETON, Ore. - The Pendleton School District is hosting several public forums to discuss its facility needs, and a bond, up for renewal in November, to pay for them.
The District plans to give a video presentation at the upcoming meetings that will highlight all of the PSD facility conditions, and show design concepts for replacement schools at Washington Elementary and Sherwood Heights Elementary, and converting the Hawthorne building into an early childhood / kindergarten center.
District leaders are encouraging the public to attend not only to see the video presentation, but for the opportunity to ask Pendleton Superintendent Jon Peterson any questions regarding the bond.
The upcoming forums will take place on the following dates:
· Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at 7 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary School
· Thursday, May 2, 2013, at 6 p.m. at Washington Elementary School
· Thursday, May 2, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. at Sherwood Heights Elementary School
· Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at 6:30 p.m. at McKay Creek Elementary School
· Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 7 p.m. at Pendleton High School Commons