YAKIMA, Wash.-- A fire early this morning caused damage to an apartment unit in Yakima.
Crews were called in at around 5:40 this morning about a bathroom fan that caught fire.
When they arrived the fire had spread through the unit.
They called in several other departments including West Valley, Union Gap, and the training center to knock down the blaze.
"Our crews made rapid attacks, getting water on the fire even though we got all this fencing... Had firefighters climbing over this six foot fence with hose lines," said Battalion Chief Mitch Cole.
Crews say fire protection on the walls prevented the fire from spreading to other units in the building.
Firefighters say the cause turned out to be a fan in the living room that caught fire.
They estimate the total damage cost at around $210,000.