Fire Crews Make Quick Work of Walla Walla Business Fire
WALLA WALLA, Wash. - Fire crews said an observant caller potentially saved several businesses early Sunday morning. The Walla Walla Fire Department was called to a possible fire at a downtown business just before 2:00 a.m. They said the first units on scene arrived at 49 S. Spokane Street within five minutes.
Light smoke was seen coming from the attic area of a large commercial building with several businesses inside. Within minutes crews knocked down a small fire in a wall. There is no official determination at this time, but it is believed an air conditioner or the wiring to it could have started the fire.
WWFD said because the fire was reported early most of the contents inside and the building itself sustained little damage. They said if not for the observant caller the blaze could have destroyed the building and the multiple businesses inside.