UPDATE: Chelan County Search Continues For Mushroom Hunter - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Chelan County Search Continues For Mushroom Hunter

Posted: Updated:

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) - The search resumed at daylight Thursday for a 79-year-old Seattle woman who has been missing since Saturday when she went mushroom hunting alone off a Forest Service road about 10 miles north of Lake Wenatchee.
    
The Chelan County sheriff's office says dozens of searchers have been covering trails in the brushy Chikamin Gulch area looking for Hildegard Hendrickson. They've also used a search dog and helicopter.
    
Hendrickson is a retired Seattle University faculty member and mushroom expert.
    
She lives alone, and no one knew she failed to return from a day trip until her car was noticed Tuesday at a trailhead.

PREVIOUS STORY:

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) - About 30 searchers with the help of a dog on the ground and a helicopter in the air are looking for a mushroom hunter who has been missing since Saturday on national forest land about 10 miles north of Lake Wenatchee.
    
Chelan County Undersheriff John Wisemore says they have found some tracks they believe were left by Hildegard Hendrickson who walks with a stick or cane.
    
Wisemore says the 79-year-old Seattle woman lives alone. Family members didn't know she was missing until they were contacted Tuesday after her car was reported as suspicious at a trailhead.
    
KPQ reports the search is centered in the Chikamin Gulch area near the Basalt Peak trail.
    
Wisemore says it's a brushy area and searchers hope she kept close to the trail.

PREVIOUS STORY:

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) - Chelan County search and rescue teams are looking for a 79-year-old Seattle woman who has been missing since Saturday when she went mushroom hunting in the Chikamin Gulch area near the Basalt Peak trail.
    
KPQ reports the search for Hildegard Hendrickson began Tuesday after her car was reported as suspicious at a Forest Service trailhead.
    
Deputies checked with family members and determined that she was supposed to return Saturday from a day trip to Chelan County.
  

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:10 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:10:59 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

    More >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

    More >>
  • Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:09 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:09:41 GMT
    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabinFire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    More >>

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    More >>
  • Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Friday, September 22 2017 9:59 PM EDT2017-09-23 01:59:50 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

    More >>

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

    More >>