Firefighters Battle Mobile Home Blaze in Walla Walla - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Firefighters Battle Mobile Home Blaze in Walla Walla

Posted: Updated:

WALLA WALLA, Wash. -- Walla Walla Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Anthem this morning.

When firefighters arrived, they found a single wide mobile home smoking, but no one was inside.

The owner, Richard Eatwell, was at home when the fire started and didn't hear the smoke detector. However, his neighbor, Mike Flynn, did hear the smoke detector, ran over to the home and called 911.

Flynn helped Eatwell out of the home through a bedroom window so he could avoid going into the fire.

The cause of the fire is faulty electrical wiring, combined with boxes of papers sitting on top of the wires, not allowing the electrical cord to vent properly.

There were no injuries. The estimated loss due to the fire was $5,000.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/