SLIDESHOW: Dog Day At Avista StadiumUpdated:
- Minor league baseball players who make as little as $5,500 a season would be stripped of the protection of federal minimum wage laws under a provision in government spending legislation expected to be approved by...More >>Minor league baseball players who make as little as $5,500 a season would be stripped of the protection of federal minimum wage laws under a provision in government spending legislation expected to be approved by Congress this week.More >>
- Jake Arrieta allowed two runs and three hits in his first appearance for the Philadelphia Phillies.More >>Jake Arrieta allowed two runs and three hits in his first appearance for the Philadelphia Phillies.More >>
- Even before the start of the season, the Milwaukee Brewers have their first hit _ a 2-minute, 35-second video celebrating the 25th anniversary of the movie "The Sandlot".More >>Even before the start of the season, the Milwaukee Brewers have their first hit _ a 2-minute, 35-second video celebrating the 25th anniversary of the movie "The Sandlot".More >>
Luke Willson signs with Detroit Lions
Willson, a fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, appeared in 72 games over five seasons, catching 89 passes for 1,129 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Anderson-Dolan and Smith named First Team All-Stars
Chiefs drop home finale to Americans, 2-1
The Spokane Chiefs dropped their fourth game in a row in their regular season home finale on Friday night, 2-1 to the visiting Tri-City Americans.
Chiefs fall to Seattle, 6-3
The Thunderbirds responded in force with three more unanswered goals, taking the final 6-3 lead into the second intermission.
Chiefs Edged Out in 6-5 Shootout Loss to Vancouver
SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs came out on the losing end of a tightly contested battle Saturday night, falling 6-5 in a shootout in front of a sell out crowd at Spokane Arena. Both teams traded scoring chances early before Jake McGrew broke through the Giants' defense and cashed in for an unassisted goal on a backhanded shot at 11:43 to put the Chiefs ahead 1-0. Vancouver's Aidan Barfoot responded at 12:16 to tie things up before Spokane struck again, ...
Richard Sherman agrees to deal with 49ers
Just 36 hours after being released by the Seattle Seahawks, three-time All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman has agreed to a 3-year $39 million dollar deal with the San Francisco 49ers, according to multiple reports. Sherman was one of the faces of the Seahawks vaunted defense known as the Legion of Boom. He has led the NFL in interceptions and passes defended since entering the league in 2011. Sherman met with the 49ers Friday night into Saturday afternoon before agreeing to the deal. ...
Seahawks release both Richard Sherman and Jeremy Lane
In his seven seasons in Seattle, Sherman compiled 32 interceptions and 99 passes defensed, both NFL highs since 2011.
Ichiro finalizes 1-year deal to return to Mariners
Manager Scott Servais said Ichiro will likely work out with the team for the the next three to four days before getting into Cactus League action.
Seahawks trading Michael Bennett to Eagles
Bennett is one of just eight defensive lineman to make each of the last three Pro Bowls and has had at least five sacks in each of his last six seasons.
Ty Smith posts record night as Chiefs rout Cougars
Smith, a 2018 NHL Entry Draft top prospect who was the first overall pick in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft, piled up two goals and five assists, breaking a 32-year-old record.
- The Spokane Indians hosted their annual Bark in the Park Night at Avista Stadium on Tuesday with almost 200 dogs making the trip to watch the game and hang out in the left field pavilion.More >>
- With Bloomsday 2015 in the books we take a look at some of the lovely faces who participated in the 39th running of Spokane's 12K extravaganza.More >>
- SPOKANE, Wash. - The image of 60,000+ people running through Spokane never gets old, so we want to see your pictures!We've added a few from our crews as they went live from various points throughout the course, but now we want to see yours! More >>SPOKANE, Wash. - The image of 60,000+ people running through Spokane never gets old, so we want to see your pictures!We've added a few from our crews as they went live from various points throughout the course, but now we want to see yours! Share them with us on social media using the hashtag #KHQBloomsday. You can also email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or just post them on our Facebook pages!More >>
- With the 39th running of Spokane's Bloomsday run just under a week away we take a look back at the coveted reward for all of those who've ever finished the race. The Bloomsday Finisher shirt. Check out photos of every Bloomsday finishers shirt in the slideshow below!More >>
- Spring is in the air, baseball is back and and beer is flowing from taps at every ballpark in the country. For a price.The average cost per beer is down to $5.98 per cup this season from $6.09 in 2014 per Business Insider...More >>
- With the Star Wars Celebration convention in full swing and the release of the official Star Wars Episode VII trailer on Thursday we pay a little homage to the NFL and the greatest tale from a galaxy far far away.More >>
- Last weekend Arenacross forced the ice and turf out of the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena and replaced it with dirt, bikes and awesome uniforms.Check out some pictures taken by SWX KHQ's Reed Schmitt at the first-ever Arenacross event held in Spokane in the slideshow below!More >>
- With the MLB season just getting underway, and the Spokane Indians season not too far off, we decided to take a look at some of the wild and wacky ballpark food items available around the country. We weren't disappointed.More >>
- SWXRightNow.com -- Photos from day six of KHQ and SWX's coverage from Arizona of Super Bowl XLIX as we go Soaring With The Seahawks.More >>
- PHOENIX - KHQ and SWX's coverage of Super Bowl XLIX rolls on! On day 4, Stephanie saw Houston Texans Running Back Arian Foster and the Papa John all in the same day.Check out the photos of what else took place during day 4 in the slideshow above.And if you'd like to see past days' coverage, click on the links provided on the side of this article.More >>