UPDATE: Suspects In Custody After Execution Of Federal Search Wa - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Suspects In Custody After Execution Of Federal Search Warrant Related To Attempted Car Bombing

Posted: Updated:
PHOTO: KHQ PHOTO: KHQ
SPOKANE, Wash. -

UPDATE: 

Spokane Police Department Press Release: 

Two suspects in custody after execution of Federal search warrant at 2100 E Lacrosse. 45 year-old Robert Showers and 31-year old Siaosilepelenise Tuaimalo have been arrested on charges relating to the investigation of the bombing of a car in north Spokane last week.

On July 5th around 2:00pm Spokane Police Department SWAT and EDU officers assisted ATF in the execution of a Federal search warrant in relation to an ongoing investigation of the detonation of an explosive device underneath a car at 5800 N Monroe last week. Two suspects have been arrested by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives as the result of a collaborative investigation related to the June 29th, bombing in north Spokane.

45 year-old Robert William SHOWERS, was charged with possession of explosives by a prohibited person. Siaosilepelenise L. TUAIMALO, age 31, was charged with possession of a firearm by a prohibited person. This has been a collaborative investigation involving ATF, FBI, DEA, USMS, SCSO and SPD. All further inquiries related to the investigation should be directed to the U.S. Attorney's office in Spokane.

Previous Coverage:

Spokane Police were called to a home in the 2100 block of E. Lacrosse in Spokane Washington on Friday to search a home believed to be tied to an Improvised Explosive Device that blew up a car in North Spokane last weekend.

The Spokane Police had a warrant that is part of a federal investigation with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, along with the FBI and the Spokane Police Department.

The Spokane Police did send in a robot first to make sure the home was clear, once they had that confirmed officers were than instructed to enter the home.

Shortly after officers entered the home the officers came out with one person in handcuffs. Neighbors reported seeing a few other people being taken away in handcuffs, but it is not being reported at this time who these people are and or how they are tied to this investigation.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her

    Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:11 PM EST2017-11-22 17:11:58 GMT

    KHQ.COM - Olympic champion gymnast Gabby Douglas says she is among the group of athletes sexually abused by a former team doctor.   Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion and a three-time gold medalist, wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday night that she waited so long to reveal the abuse by Larry Nassar because she was part of a group "conditioned to stay silent."

    More >>

    KHQ.COM - Olympic champion gymnast Gabby Douglas says she is among the group of athletes sexually abused by a former team doctor.   Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion and a three-time gold medalist, wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday night that she waited so long to reveal the abuse by Larry Nassar because she was part of a group "conditioned to stay silent."

    More >>
  • Airline defendants to pay $95 million in 9/11 settlement

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:01 PM EST2017-11-22 17:01:26 GMT

    NEW YORK - Insurers for defendants including American Airlines and United Airlines have agreed to pay $95 million to settle claims that security lapses led planes to be hijacked in the Sept. 11 attacks. The settlement was described in papers filed Tuesday in Manhattan federal court. Developers of the new World Trade Center buildings had once demanded $3.5 billion from aviation companies after hijacked planes destroyed three skyscrapers on Sept. 11, 2001.  

    More >>

    NEW YORK - Insurers for defendants including American Airlines and United Airlines have agreed to pay $95 million to settle claims that security lapses led planes to be hijacked in the Sept. 11 attacks. The settlement was described in papers filed Tuesday in Manhattan federal court. Developers of the new World Trade Center buildings had once demanded $3.5 billion from aviation companies after hijacked planes destroyed three skyscrapers on Sept. 11, 2001.  

    More >>
  • Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter accused of sexual assault

    Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:00 PM EST2017-11-22 17:00:06 GMT

    NEW YORK (AP) - Nick Carter says he's "shocked and saddened" by accusations made by a singer who said he raped her about 15 years ago.   Melissa Schuman of the girl group Dream wrote in a blog post that she was "forced to engage in an act against my will." She said the Backstreet Boy took her virginity.

    More >>

    NEW YORK (AP) - Nick Carter says he's "shocked and saddened" by accusations made by a singer who said he raped her about 15 years ago.   Melissa Schuman of the girl group Dream wrote in a blog post that she was "forced to engage in an act against my will." She said the Backstreet Boy took her virginity.

    More >>