Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Pleads Not Guilty - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

Posted: Updated:

BOSTON (AP) - Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty to 30 counts including use of a weapon of mass destruction to kill.
    
He entered the plea Wednesday in federal court in Boston.
    
For first one, he leaned toward a microphone and said, "Not guilty," in a Russian accent. He then said not guilty repeatedly about a half-dozen more times.
    
Federal prosecutors are weighing whether to pursue the death penalty for the 19-year-old Tsarnaev.
    
Authorities say he and an older brother, Tamerlan, planted two bombs, which killed three people and wounded more than 260 at the April 15 marathon. The older brother was killed three days later following a shootout with police. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was later found hiding in a boat in a suburban backyard.
    
The arraignment marks his first public appearance since he was arrested April 19.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • National NewsMore>>

  • Mad Minute stories from Tuesday, August 15th

    Mad Minute stories from Tuesday, August 15th

    Wednesday, August 16 2017 2:00 AM EDT2017-08-16 06:00:09 GMT
    Mad Minute for 12/30/16Mad Minute for 12/30/16

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Tuesday, August 15th.

    More >>

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Tuesday, August 15th.

    More >>
  • Mad Minute stories for Monday, August 14th

    Mad Minute stories for Monday, August 14th

    Tuesday, August 15 2017 2:00 AM EDT2017-08-15 06:00:11 GMT
    Mad Minute for 12/30/16Mad Minute for 12/30/16

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories for Monday, August 14th.

    More >>

    Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories for Monday, August 14th.

    More >>
  • The Latest: Officials: Car drove into patrons intentionally

    The Latest: Officials: Car drove into patrons intentionally

    Monday, August 14 2017 4:35 PM EDT2017-08-14 20:35:23 GMT

    (AP) - The Latest on the car that drove into the sidewalk outside a pizza restaurant in France (all times local): 10:11 p.m. French officials say the driver who steered into patrons of a pizza restaurant east of Paris clearly acted intentionally, but they have no reason so far to suspect a terrorist motive.

    More >>

    (AP) - The Latest on the car that drove into the sidewalk outside a pizza restaurant in France (all times local): 10:11 p.m. French officials say the driver who steered into patrons of a pizza restaurant east of Paris clearly acted intentionally, but they have no reason so far to suspect a terrorist motive.

    More >>