PASCO, Wash.- The Red Cross was on scene soon after the fire broke out last night at Sacajawea Apartments.
Pasco High School opened its doors. Overnight they offered food, cots, blankets and care packages. NBC Right Now spoke with one of the leaders of the local Red Cross about what they're doing to help. He explained, none of what they do can be done without help from sponsors and donations.
"They can't go back to their homes cause there's no electricity and a lot of smoke and the plumbing is out," said Don Wicks. "Some of these people may go to friends and family and some wont so we'll just have to put them up here until we can get something for them."
About 40 people stayed at the shelter last night. More are expected tonight and the Red Cross says they will probably be set up at the high school for at least a week.