5-Year-Old Boy Recovering From Fireworks Burns - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

5-Year-Old Boy Recovering From Fireworks Burns

Posted: Updated:

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) - A 5-year-old Bozeman boy who was burned by an errant firework on July 4 has been released from the University of Utah's burn center.
    
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/16bhomV ) Gus Fronek was released from the hospital Monday. He and his mother and grandmother are staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Salt Lake City. Gus will be an outpatient attending physical therapy sessions every other day for the next two weeks.
    
His grandmother, Bonnie Buckingham, says Gus' rehabilitation includes puzzles and toys that are helping restore the dexterity in his arms and hands.
    
Buckingham says Gus suffered third-degree burns over 30 percent of his body and his hands were burned as he swatted at the flames on his chest after he was hit by the firecracker.
    
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Bouncer Shot In Leg At Lion's Lair Bar, Police Looking For Suspects

    Bouncer Shot In Leg At Lion's Lair Bar, Police Looking For Suspects

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:57 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:57:37 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - A 44-year-old man is recovering after he was shot in the leg near Brown and Riverside in Spokane earlier Thursday morning at the Lion's Lair Bar. The victim was actually a bouncer at the Lion's Lair and the shooting followed an altercation inside the bar. Police are currently looking for two suspects who fled the scene.More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - A 44-year-old man is recovering after he was shot in the leg near Brown and Riverside in Spokane earlier Thursday morning at the Lion's Lair Bar. The victim was actually a bouncer at the Lion's Lair and the shooting followed an altercation inside the bar. Police are currently looking for two suspects who fled the scene.
    More >>
  • Structure Fire At Two Story Commercial Building In Coeur d'Alene

    Structure Fire At Two Story Commercial Building In Coeur d'Alene

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:51 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:51:44 GMT
    COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho. - The Coeur d'Alene Fire Department responded to a structure fire just after 6am Thursday morning at a two-story commercial building in the 1400 block of N. Lincoln Way at Linden. When they arrived at the office building they could see smoke coming up through the roof.More >>
    COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho. - The Coeur d'Alene Fire Department responded to a structure fire just after 6am Thursday morning at a two-story commercial building in the 1400 block of N. Lincoln Way at Linden. When they arrived at the office building they could see smoke coming up through the roof. More >>
  • Kitchen Fire Causes $20,000 In Damage At WSU Student's Living Quarters

    Kitchen Fire Causes $20,000 In Damage At WSU Student's Living Quarters

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:45 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:45:21 GMT
    PULLMAN, Wash. - Six Washington State University students had to seek other living accommodations early Thursday morning after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a two story structure on College Hill.Pullman firefighters were called to 425 Campus St. just before midnight for a report of fire and smoke coming from the building.More >>
    PULLMAN, Wash. - Six Washington State University students had to seek other living accommodations early Thursday morning after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a two story structure on College Hill.Pullman firefighters were called to 425 Campus St. just before midnight for a report of fire and smoke coming from the building.
    More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.