Car Keys Left In Bank Leads To Robber's Arrest - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Car Keys Left In Bank Leads To Robber's Arrest

Posted: Updated:
Photo: MGN Online Photo: MGN Online

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Police say they ended up chasing a bank robbery suspect through northwest Portland streets and into a nearby building as cash scattered because the man left his car keys in the bank.

Police say the getaway glitch not only allowed them to arrest the man after the Monday robbery at a Wells Fargo Bank branch, it has allowed police agencies in Oregon and Washington to link him to three additional bank robberies and two motel robberies.

Sgt. Pete Simpson said Friday that 57-year-old Andrew Frank Laviguer is being held without bail on a U.S. Marshals Service arrest warrant for escape.

Simpson says the man is considered the primary suspect in an Aug. 14 Columbia Bank robbery in Portland, an Aug. 30 Key Bank robbery in King County, Wash., a Sept. 4 Sterling Savings Bank robbery in Tacoma, Wash., a Sept. 7 Super 8 motel robbery in Wilsonville, Ore., and a Sept. 8 Rodeway Inn robbery in Salem.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • National NewsMore>>

  • Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:02 PM EDT2014-09-17 00:02:40 GMT
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. More >>
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. Prosecutors said Tuesday that a warrant has been issued for Stanley Guidroz to return to Washington to face the charge. Guidroz is currently serving time in a Louisiana prison for murdering his wife, who is not the boy's mom.More >>
  • UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    Saturday, September 13 2014 8:50 PM EDT2014-09-14 00:50:23 GMT
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
  • Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Wednesday, September 10 2014 6:31 PM EDT2014-09-10 22:31:35 GMT
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.