UPDATE: Conn. Driver In DC Chase Was Fired From Job - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Conn. Driver In DC Chase Was Fired From Job

Posted: Updated:
Miriam Carey, the woman authorities say rammed her car into the White House gates and led police on a chase before she was shot and killed. Miriam Carey, the woman authorities say rammed her car into the White House gates and led police on a chase before she was shot and killed.
  • UPDATE: Conn. Driver In DC Chase Was Fired From JobMore>>

  • Official: Woman Killed In DC Chase Was Delusional

    Official: Woman Killed In DC Chase Was Delusional

    Friday, October 4 2013 1:03 PM EDT2013-10-04 17:03:52 GMT
    A federal law enforcement official says the woman killed by police after trying to drive through barricades outside the White House had believed the president was communicating with her and was delusional.More >>
    WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal law enforcement official says the woman killed by police after trying to drive through barricades outside the White House had believed the president was communicating with her and was delusional.More >>

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - A former employer of the Connecticut woman who was killed following a Washington car chase says she was fired from her job as a dental hygienist about a year ago.
    
Periodontist Brian Evans of Hamden, Conn., says Miriam Carey worked at his office for two years and had been a good employee. He declined to comment Friday on how that might have changed or the factors that led to the end of her employment.
    
He said Carey left the office shortly after she was hospitalized with a head injury she suffered in a fall down a staircase.
    
The 34-year-old Stamford woman was identified by law enforcement officials as the woman who led police on a chase through Washington on Thursday after trying to breach a barrier at the White House.
    
Evans said he was shocked and saddened for her family.

PREVIOUS STORY:

NEW YORK (AP) - More details are emerging about the Connecticut woman who was shot to death by police after a car chase in Washington D.C. on Thursday.
    
Miriam Carey has been identified by law enforcement officials as the woman who led police on a chase after trying to breach a barrier at the White House.
    
In November, she had been sued by her condominium association for failure to pay fees.
    
Her mother has told ABC News that Carey began suffering from post-partum depression after giving birth to her daughter last year.

PREVIOUS STORY:

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - The Connecticut woman who was shot to death by police after a car chase in Washington had been sued by her condominium association for failure to pay fees.
    
The complaint filed in November by the association for the Stamford building said Miriam Carey had failed to pay her fees in full since August 2010 and owed the association $1,759 in addition to collection costs. The lawsuit was settled in February.
    
The lawsuit by the Woodside Green Association indicates Carey took out a mortgage on her Stamford condo in the amount of $237,616 in September 2009.
    
The 34-year-old Carey was identified by law enforcement officials as the woman who led police on a chase through Washington on Thursday after trying to breach a barrier at the White House.
    
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Head-on crash kills 1, injures 8, when driver attempts to pass slow-moving vehicle on Hwy 95

    Head-on crash kills 1, injures 8, when driver attempts to pass slow-moving vehicle on Hwy 95

    Thursday, November 23 2017 4:01 PM EST2017-11-23 21:01:52 GMT

    SAGLE, Idaho - A fatal and serious injury head-on crash has killed one man and injured eight others, including five children, who all had to be transported to Kootenai Health. The crash occurred on Wednesday, November 22, the day before Thanksgiving, on Highway 95 at milepost 466.5, two miles south of Sagle, Idaho.

    More >>

    SAGLE, Idaho - A fatal and serious injury head-on crash has killed one man and injured eight others, including five children, who all had to be transported to Kootenai Health. The crash occurred on Wednesday, November 22, the day before Thanksgiving, on Highway 95 at milepost 466.5, two miles south of Sagle, Idaho.

    More >>
  • Las Vegas pot dispensaries offer Black Friday deals

    Las Vegas pot dispensaries offer Black Friday deals

    Thursday, November 23 2017 3:47 PM EST2017-11-23 20:47:50 GMT
    Things are about to change for several people in Spokane.Things are about to change for several people in Spokane.

    LAS VEGAS (AP) - Big box stores won't be the only ones offering discounts to shoppers in Las Vegas this Black Friday. Marijuana dispensaries in the area are rolling out deals, too. The Las Vegas Sun reports more than 40 dispensaries in the Las Vegas area will offer discounts on marijuana flower products, edibles such as chocolates, and concentrates.

    More >>

    LAS VEGAS (AP) - Big box stores won't be the only ones offering discounts to shoppers in Las Vegas this Black Friday. Marijuana dispensaries in the area are rolling out deals, too. The Las Vegas Sun reports more than 40 dispensaries in the Las Vegas area will offer discounts on marijuana flower products, edibles such as chocolates, and concentrates.

    More >>
  • Sound heard in Argentine sub search could be explosion

    Sound heard in Argentine sub search could be explosion

    Thursday, November 23 2017 2:45 PM EST2017-11-23 19:45:18 GMT

    MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (AP) - Argentina's navy announced Thursday that a sound detected during the search for a missing submarine is consistent with that of an explosion - an ominous development in the hunt for the vessel and its 44 crew members.   Navy spokesman Enrique Balbi said that the relatives of the crew have been informed and that the search will continue until there is full certainty about the fate of the ARA San Juan.

    More >>

    MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (AP) - Argentina's navy announced Thursday that a sound detected during the search for a missing submarine is consistent with that of an explosion - an ominous development in the hunt for the vessel and its 44 crew members.   Navy spokesman Enrique Balbi said that the relatives of the crew have been informed and that the search will continue until there is full certainty about the fate of the ARA San Juan.

    More >>