SLIDESHOW: WSU Cougars BasketballPosted: Updated:
WSU’s 9th inning rally held off by No. 8 Stanford
Gonzaga one win away from a NCAA Tournament berth
STOCKTON, Calif.--A host of scouts came out to Friday's WCC Championships game between top-seeded Gonzaga and second-seed Loyola Marymount to see LMU starter Cory Abbott Friday afternoon, but it was Gonzaga starter Justin Vernia who stole the show as he powered the Zags to a 3-1 win and a berth in the tournament title game.
Bennie Seltzer returns to WSU as assistant basketball coach
Cougars Drop Series-Opener to No. 8 Stanford
Offensive Surge Pushes Zags into Winner’s Bracket at WCC Tournament
STOCKTON, Calif.—It took a few innings, but the Bulldog offense hit top gear Thursday afternoon, propelling the top-seeded Gonzaga baseball team past fourth-seed Saint Mary’s 11-3 and into the winners’ bracket of the West Coast Conference Championships at Banner Island Ballpark in Stockton, Calif. Saint Mary’s scored the game’s first runs, scoring twice in the top of the third off atypical wildness from GU starter Eli Morgan. Afte...
7-foot graduate transfer Benas Griciunas to play for Eagles
Seven-foot center Benas Griciunas from UNC Charlotte will spend his senior season as a graduate transfer at Eastern Washington University and play for Shantay Legans, the new EWU head men's basketball coach announced Thursday (May 25).
Former Gonzaga player Vivian Frieson named NAU assistant coach
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Northern Arizona women's basketball head coach Loree Payne completed her staff on Wednesday with former Gonzaga standout Vivian Frieson announced as assistant coach. "We're very excited to add Vivian to our coaching staff," Payne said. "The culture that she has been around playing at Gonzaga
Huskies host USC for final regular season series
SEATTLE - Husky Ballpark will be abuzz starting Thursday as the Huskies have a big weekend in store for the final home series of the year. On the field, UW (26-25, 12-15 Pac-12) hosts USC (20-32, 7-20) in an important series, starting Thursday
No. 1 seeded Gonzaga begins WCC Championships against Saint Mary's
This is the second time the Zags have been the championship’s top seed, also taking No. 1 in the very first tournament in 2013...Gonzaga has reached Banner Island Ballpark four times in the competition’s five-year history...Gonzaga and BYU are the only two schools to qualify for four WCC tournaments.
Gonzaga's Johnathan Williams will return for senior season
SPOKANE, Wash. – Johnathan Williams will return to Gonzaga for his senior season after initially submitting his name into the NBA Draft without hiring an agent. By not signing with an agent, Williams retained his collegiate eligibility to keep the option to return to Gonzaga in 2017-18. A key player in last season’s run to the national championship game.
Extra PointsExtra PointsMore>>
- F5 Networks held its annual 3-on-3 charity basketball tournament to raise money for the Mark Rypien Foundation on Thursday afternoon.More >>
- Marshawn Lynch has used his prowess as a Pro-Bowl running back for the Seattle Seahawks to better his hometown community of Oakland, better shown by how thousands of the local youth showed up to his football camp today.More >>
- Spokenya Run/Walk 2015 is this Saturday and you can still get involved in the 7K event that helpsSpring of Hope International bring sustainable water resources to Africa.Kenyan native and Spokanite DavidOpaphas organized the event, now in its sixth year...More >>
- Hockey Fest Coeur dAlene at Frontier Ice Arena ended with a successful Legends game presented by Kootenai Health as the "St. Louis" team led by Wayne Gretzky and former Spokane Chief Derek Ryan defeated "Tampa Bay" coached by Spokane's own Tyler Johnson 9-5.More >>
- SWXRightNow.com -- When Carli Lloyds hat trick led the United States Womens National Team winning their FIFA best third world cup over Japan last week, the nation celebrated.More >>
- Former Spokane Chiefs standout Derek Ryan stopped by the Fasteners Sports Studio to chat about the upcoming Hockey Fest Coeur dAlene and his career journey to finally find a spot in the NHL.More >>
- The rosters for the Legends game atsecond annual Coeur dAlene Hockey Fest at Frontier Ice Arena have been announced with local and professional stars being split up between two teams for the Friday exhibition.More >>
- Matt Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, thwarting Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory.More >>
- The conditions and layout of Chambers Bay Golf Course have been called out in recent days because of its hosting of the 115th U.S. Open, and while some have appreciated how hard the course is, others like the legend Gary Player have lambasted the course in a rant on television this morning.More >>
- The Spokane County Raceway Super Oval series is proud to present fans with the chance to meet and greet NASCAR driver Greg Biffle this Saturday, June 20.More >>
Washington State (24-26, 10-17 Pac-12) hosts No. 8 Stanford (37-14, 18-9 Pac-12) to close out the regular season. The series begins Thursday at 6 p.m., continues Friday at 4 p.m. and wraps up Saturday at 1 p.m., all on the Pac-12 Network.More >>
PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State University will induct six individuals and a team into its Athletic Hall of Fame Sept. 22-23, 2017, Director of Athletics Bill Moos announced Tuesday. The honorees will join the current 210 individuals and teams in the WSU Athletic Hall of Fame. The induction dinner will be held Sept. 22More >>
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. - Washington State defensive lineman Hercules Mata'afa has been named to the 2017 Lott IMPACT Trophy, The Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation announced recently. Named after Pro Football Hall of Fame member, Ronnie Lott...More >>
Former Washington State defensive lineman Robert Barber has been been found not guilty of assault in the second-degree and assault in the fourth-degree after he was connected to a brawl last summer. Barber was charged with second-degree felony assault in February after he allegedly punched a WSU student at a party last July.More >>
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Washington State dropped a 14-3 contest in the series-finale at No. 1 Oregon State Sunday afternoon. The Cougars saw their streak of four-straight Pac-12 series wins come to an end.More >>
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Washington State dropped a 5-0 decision to No. 1 Oregon State at Goss Stadium Saturday afternoon.More >>
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Washington State nearly pulled the upset against No. 1 Oregon State but the Beavers scored twice in the ninth on bases-loaded walks to take the series-opener 4-3 in front of a sold out Goss Stadium crowd of 3,583 Friday afternoonMore >>