Bucannon Named To Midseason All-America TeamPosted: Updated:
Raptors sign Kyle Wiltjer to a 1-year deal
Griz Hold First Fall Scrimmage
Montana Sports Information-- Offense and defense produce highlights in opening Griz scrimmage The Montana Grizzlies knocked the lid off the 2017 season with the team’s first scrimmage of fall camp on Monday, running through 95 plays in a little over an hour of action in Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Even with only one day of practice in full pads under their belts, the Grizzlies produced moments of brilliance on both sides of the ball with UM's young stars getting plenty ...
Kenny Love joins Whitworth's coaching staff
Love was named First Team All-NWC for three years in a row. As a sophomore in 2015, Love was the Northwest Conference Player of the Year and was also a Third Team All-American.
Eagles prepare for most important scrimmage at the Inferno
The Eagles will wrap-up practices on the grass fields on Wednesday, then move to Roos Field for practices on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday (Aug. 19) at approximately 10:30 a.m., the Eagles will have its most important scrimmage at the "Inferno."
Jacob Wiley signs two-way contract with Nets
Rocky Looking for Bakken to Take the Reigns at QB in 2017
Coming into camp in 2017 Bakken is now the presumed starter for Rocky as he preps for his junior season with starting experience under his belt.
Former Zag builds Spokane's version of the Dream Team
Santangelo hand-picked a fellow sharpshooter in Parker Kelly, who was a standout basketball player at Gonzaga Prep in high school and at Eastern Washington in college. More recently, his team won the coveted Elite Men's Championship at Hoopfest this summer.
Eagles volleyball picked to finish 9th in Big Sky
Eastern Washington opens the 2017 campaign at the UNLV Tournament on Aug. 25 where they face UC Davis and Binghamton on the opening day of competition before playing hosts UNLV on Aug. 26.
WSU has two named to Polynesian Player of Year watch list
Vita Vea named to Polynesian Player of the Year watch list
Vea, a junior defensive lineman from Milpitas, Calif., had previously been named to the watch lists for the Outland Trophy, the Nagurski Trophy and the Bednarik Award earlier this summer.
Extra PointsExtra PointsMore>>
- F5 Networks held its annual 3-on-3 charity basketball tournament to raise money for the Mark Rypien Foundation on Thursday afternoon.More >>
- Marshawn Lynch has used his prowess as a Pro-Bowl running back for the Seattle Seahawks to better his hometown community of Oakland, better shown by how thousands of the local youth showed up to his football camp today.More >>
- Spokenya Run/Walk 2015 is this Saturday and you can still get involved in the 7K event that helpsSpring of Hope International bring sustainable water resources to Africa.Kenyan native and Spokanite DavidOpaphas organized the event, now in its sixth year...More >>
- Hockey Fest Coeur dAlene at Frontier Ice Arena ended with a successful Legends game presented by Kootenai Health as the "St. Louis" team led by Wayne Gretzky and former Spokane Chief Derek Ryan defeated "Tampa Bay" coached by Spokane's own Tyler Johnson 9-5.More >>
- SWXRightNow.com -- When Carli Lloyds hat trick led the United States Womens National Team winning their FIFA best third world cup over Japan last week, the nation celebrated.More >>
- Former Spokane Chiefs standout Derek Ryan stopped by the Fasteners Sports Studio to chat about the upcoming Hockey Fest Coeur dAlene and his career journey to finally find a spot in the NHL.More >>
- The rosters for the Legends game atsecond annual Coeur dAlene Hockey Fest at Frontier Ice Arena have been announced with local and professional stars being split up between two teams for the Friday exhibition.More >>
- Matt Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, thwarting Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory.More >>
- The conditions and layout of Chambers Bay Golf Course have been called out in recent days because of its hosting of the 115th U.S. Open, and while some have appreciated how hard the course is, others like the legend Gary Player have lambasted the course in a rant on television this morning.More >>
- The Spokane County Raceway Super Oval series is proud to present fans with the chance to meet and greet NASCAR driver Greg Biffle this Saturday, June 20.More >>
"To sniff the playoff, the Cougars will have to at least split matchups with USC (Sept. 29) at home and at Washington (Nov. 25), then win the Pac-12 title game. Before that they’ll face trips to Oregon (Oct. 7) and Utah (Nov. 11) and host Stanford (Nov. 4)."More >>
"The Cougars are another team to watch in the loaded Pac-12 North. Mike Leach finally has some experience, and not just with Luke Falk, who has seemingly quarterbacked on the Palouse for decades."More >>
The matchup between the Cougars and the Hawks will be televised on ESPN3 and will be the second game of the tournament. The Wooden Legacy opens with Saint Mary's taking on Harvard at 1 p.m. on ESPNEWS.More >>
Former Cougar and NFL standout Steve Gleason will receive Washington State University’s 2017 Regents’ Distinguished Alumnus Award, the university’s highest alumni honor, Aug. 10 on the Pullman campus.More >>
Washington State will open fall camp Wednesday, Aug. 2, with a 2 p.m. practice at Rogers Practice Field and Martin Stadium. The Cougars will hold the first two days of practice in Pullman before heading to Sacajawea Junior High School in Lewiston, Idaho, Friday, Aug. 4. WSU will spend a week in Lewiston, similar to past seasons under Coach Leach.More >>
The Cougars finished second in the Pac-12 North last season, posting a 7-2 conference record and 8-5 overall record. WSU's season was highlighted by an eight-game winning streak, their longest since 1930.More >>
Falk is one of 40 players, including five from the Pac-12 Conference, named to the watch list for the nation's fourth-oldest individual college football accolade. Falk was a semifinalist for the award last season.More >>
Morrow was among the 61 players and one of ten Pac-12 Conference players named to the watch list for the award given annually to the best running back in college football.More >>