1 Dead In Triple Shooting At Vegas Nightclub - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

1 Dead In Triple Shooting At Vegas Nightclub

Posted: Updated:
UPDATE:
LAS VEGAS (AP) - An argument over a cover charge led to a nightclub shooting early Monday on the Las Vegas Strip that left one patron dead when he tried to subdue the gunman and two employees wounded, police said.
   
A man opened fire at 5:45 a.m. wounding a manager and a guard at Drai's After Hours, a club at Bally's Hotel-Casino, police Sgt. John Sheahan said. Another guard might have been injured.
   
Sheahan said the nightclub was open at the time and the shooter was believed to have acted alone. He was hospitalized with unspecified injuries.
   
Sheahan said the male patron was shot and killed trying to subdue the gunman as people ran from the club.
   
"The person is in custody. The weapon is in custody," Sheahan said. No names have been released.
   
Authorities said the gunman paid an unspecified cover charge then demanded his money back before the shooting began.
   
The club is located on the lower level of Bally's.
   
Gambling continued in the casino after the shooting, but yellow crime scene tape stretched around several banks of slot machines outside the nightclub. Debris littered the floor.
   
The Strip was the scene of a dramatic shooting and explosion last winter. Authorities say verbal sparring erupted into a shooting, chase and crash that left three people dead in February. A death penalty trial is set for Dec. 2 against a man who once bragged about his lifestyle as a pimp.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:


LAS VEGAS (AP) - Police say one person is dead and two others are injured in a shooting in a Las Vegas Strip nightclub inside Bally's casino.
    
Las Vegas police Lt. Jay Roberts said a suspect is in custody. The victims were taken to University Medical Center.
    
Roberts says the shooting happened before 6 a.m. Monday at Drai's, an after-hours club.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • National NewsMore>>

  • Vietnam Sentences American Man To Death For Heroin

    Vietnam Sentences American Man To Death For Heroin

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:48 PM EDT2014-04-23 02:48:39 GMT
    HANOI, Vietnam (AP) - State media say a court in Vietnam has sentenced an American to death for heroin trafficking. The Liberated Saigon newspaper says Jason Dinh, 41, was convicted of trafficking 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of heroin at a one-day trial by Ho Chi Minh City's People's Court on Tuesday.More >>
    HANOI, Vietnam (AP) - State media say a court in Vietnam has sentenced an American to death for heroin trafficking. The Liberated Saigon newspaper says Jason Dinh, 41, was convicted of trafficking 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of heroin at a one-day trial by Ho Chi Minh City's People's Court on Tuesday.More >>
  • Family Sues N.J. District Over 'Under God' In Pledge Of Allegiance

    Family Sues N.J. District Over 'Under God' In Pledge Of Allegiance

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:21 PM EDT2014-04-23 02:21:31 GMT
    A family is suing a New Jersey school district, contending that the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance discriminates against atheist children.A family is suing a New Jersey school district, contending that the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance discriminates against atheist children.
    FREEHOLD, N.J. (AP) - A family is suing a New Jersey school district, contending that the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance discriminates against atheist children.More >>
    FREEHOLD, N.J. (AP) - A family is suing a New Jersey school district, contending that the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance discriminates against atheist children. The lawsuit against the Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District was filed in state court last month and was announced yesterday by the American Humanist Association. More >>
  • South Korean Ferry: 113 Now Confirmed Dead, 190 Still Missing

    South Korean Ferry: 113 Now Confirmed Dead, 190 Still Missing

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 10:29 AM EDT2014-04-22 14:29:47 GMT
    JINDO, South Korea (AP) - As more bodies are recovered from a sunken South Korean ferry, the number of confirmed dead has reached 113, with about 190 people still missing. Meanwhile, four crew members who are accused of abandoning the ship and failing to protect the passengers have been arrested, three days after warrants were issued for the captain and two other crew members.More >>
    JINDO, South Korea (AP) - As more bodies are recovered from a sunken South Korean ferry, the number of confirmed dead has reached 113, with about 190 people still missing. Meanwhile, four crew members who are accused of abandoning the ship and failing to protect the passengers have been arrested, three days after warrants were issued for the captain and two other crew members.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.