School Bus Crashes Into House On Military Base - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

School Bus Crashes Into House On Military Base

Posted: Updated:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Three children and two adults have suffered minor injuries after a school bus crashed into a home at a Texas military base.

The bus was returning 25 children home from Fort Sam Houston Elementary School on Friday afternoon when it ran into a home in a military housing area. The military base is in central San Antonio.

Fort Sam Houston spokesman Brent Boller says two children on the bus, one child in the house, the bus driver and a substitute teacher were injured.

The driver and the substitute teacher were hospitalized in stable condition. Boller said the injured children were also taken to hospitals, but he did not immediately know their conditions. All of the injuries were minor.

Boller said the driver indicated the brakes on the bus had failed.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Report slams problems at Hanford nuclear waste site

    Report slams problems at Hanford nuclear waste site

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 6:00 PM EDT2018-04-25 22:00:04 GMT

    RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) - Federal investigators say problems first identified six years ago continue to plague the multi-billion-dollar Hanford vitrification plant that would be used to treat some of the nation's deadliest nuclear waste. The Tri-City Herald reports that the Government Accountability Office said in a report released Tuesday that the site's contractor, Bechtel National, has not fully completed planned corrections, and 

    More >>

    RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) - Federal investigators say problems first identified six years ago continue to plague the multi-billion-dollar Hanford vitrification plant that would be used to treat some of the nation's deadliest nuclear waste. The Tri-City Herald reports that the Government Accountability Office said in a report released Tuesday that the site's contractor, Bechtel National, has not fully completed planned corrections, and 

    More >>
  • Investigators find new evidence in home of slain Idaho man

    Investigators find new evidence in home of slain Idaho man

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 5:54 PM EDT2018-04-25 21:54:22 GMT

    SANDPOINT, Idaho (AP) - Authorities say crucial evidence has emerged in the investigation of the killing of a 73-year-old northern Idaho man last year. The Bonner County Daily Bee reports investigators with the Bonner County Sheriff's Office have found unknown fingerprints from inside the home of George Andres, who was found shot to death in early December. Authorities say Andres may have been killed after interrupting a burglary at his house north of Clark Fork. Investigator...

    More >>

    SANDPOINT, Idaho (AP) - Authorities say crucial evidence has emerged in the investigation of the killing of a 73-year-old northern Idaho man last year. The Bonner County Daily Bee reports investigators with the Bonner County Sheriff's Office have found unknown fingerprints from inside the home of George Andres, who was found shot to death in early December. Authorities say Andres may have been killed after interrupting a burglary at his house north of Clark Fork. Investigator...

    More >>
  • Police: Washington shipyard worker used phone to promote prostitution

    Police: Washington shipyard worker used phone to promote prostitution

    Wednesday, April 25 2018 5:50 PM EDT2018-04-25 21:50:47 GMT

    PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a worker at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard wasn't using his phone in a restricted area to steal national security secrets, but to promote prostitution. The Kitsap Sun reports that the 32-year-old man was investigated by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service after he was seen with his phone in the restricted area. Charging documents filed last week in Kitsap County Superior Court say law 

    More >>

    PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a worker at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard wasn't using his phone in a restricted area to steal national security secrets, but to promote prostitution. The Kitsap Sun reports that the 32-year-old man was investigated by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service after he was seen with his phone in the restricted area. Charging documents filed last week in Kitsap County Superior Court say law 

    More >>