Beaten Anchorage Teen No Longer In Coma - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Beaten Anchorage Teen No Longer In Coma

Posted: Updated:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A teenager beaten and left for dead in a vacant Anchorage house has awakened from a coma.
    
The Anchorage Daily News (http://bit.ly/1cwmOf9) reports 18-year-old James Clinton is recovering from near-fatal injuries.
    
Police on Sept. 16 responded to a mysterious note dropped off at the University of Alaska Anchorage Police Department. The note said a teenager had been severely beaten and left to die. The note said the writer felt compelled to tell someone.
    
Police found Clinton in a locked house scheduled to be demolished.
    
Attorney Rex Butler says he has been retained to make sure Clinton is treated well.
    
Butler says Clinton is talking and breathing on his own but suffered brain damage and doesn't remember much of the assault.
    
An investigation continues.
    

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • National NewsMore>>

  • Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:02 PM EDT2014-09-17 00:02:40 GMT
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. More >>
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. Prosecutors said Tuesday that a warrant has been issued for Stanley Guidroz to return to Washington to face the charge. Guidroz is currently serving time in a Louisiana prison for murdering his wife, who is not the boy's mom.More >>
  • UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    Saturday, September 13 2014 8:50 PM EDT2014-09-14 00:50:23 GMT
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
  • Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Wednesday, September 10 2014 6:31 PM EDT2014-09-10 22:31:35 GMT
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.