Kennewick Fire Department: Possible fire at shop (Angelina) at - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kennewick Fire Department: Possible fire at shop (Angelina) at Columbia Center Mall.

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK FIRE DEPARTMENT

Date and Time of Incident: 11-17-2013  1619 Hrs.

Location of Incident: 1321 N. Col Center Blvd. - Coumbia Center Mall

Summary of Incident:

Units from the Kennewick Fire Department, Richland Fire Department and Benton County Fire Protection District #1, were dispatched to a report of a possible fire at shop (Angelina) at Columbia Center Mall.


The occupants of the business stated that they noticed and smelled smoke coming from the ceiling of the business and called 9-1-1.  The business was evacuated by the occupants.


As units from the Kennewick Fire Department arrived they worked with both Mall Security and the Mall maintenance staff to locate the problem.  There was no fire.  The problem was found to be a bearing on an HVAC fan that had seized causing the drive belt to slip, get hot and cause the smoke.  


There was no lasting smoke damage to the business or the mall.  The shop resumed business immediately.  There were no injuries to civilians or Firefighters  Columbia Center Mall maintenance staff were continuing on repairing the unit.

 

###

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.