Kitchen Fire Destroys Inside of Cowiche Home - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kitchen Fire Destroys Inside of Cowiche Home

Posted: Updated:

COWICHE, WA.--Two people made it out of their house okay after a cooking fire got out of control Monday morning.

Firefighters said the home on the 1000 block of Livengood Road in Cowiche is now gutted on the inside.

Crews said a stove fire spread into the wall and quickly ripped through the inside of the house. The residents called 9-1-1 and then ran outside for safety.

"Paramedics are out there talking to her," said Chief Sam Glanzer with the Highland Fire Department. "She's pretty shook up. They're going to see if they can calm her down."

Naches, Naches Heights and West Valley Fire Departments all responded. Firefighters said the home is destroyed, and they'll be contacting Red Cross to help the people living inside.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/