FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill S - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill Shooting

Posted: Updated:
ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday
SPOKANE, Wash. -

New court documents released on Wednesday say south hill murder victim Douglas Carlile was dead when police arrived Sunday night.

Documents also confirm that Carlile's wife was hiding in the closet, and told police that someone broke into their home and shot her husband.

When officers arrived they found the back door open and Carlile was on the floor in the kitchen.

Officers noted several bullet cases on the ground near the body in the kitchen and in the dining room.

Carlile was pronounced dead by paramedics at approximately 7:18pm Sunday night.

Officers located the victim's wife in an upstairs bedroom closet and escorted her out of the home.

Fresh footprints were found in the mud behind the home and in the house directly south.

Carlile's wife said they got home a little before 7 pm  on Sunday and she went upstairs and heard Doug talking with someone.

Doug was in kitchen when his wife walked downstairs she saw a man in all black, w/ hood and gloves pointing a gun at Doug.

Carlile's wife heard Doug say "don't do anything" as she ran upstairs. When she turned around she heard several gunshots.

Police found seven casings and three bullets during a search warrant. They also took a .22 handgun and .22 rounds.

Meanwhile detectives in the case would like to make contact with investors (both past and present) in Carlile's company, Kingdom Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. 

They are also looking for information on the vehicle of interest. It is believed to be a mid-1990's Chevy van with a possible custom extension. 

Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Check at 456-2233. 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Louisiana homeowner finds naked intruder in her tub, eating Cheetos

    Louisiana homeowner finds naked intruder in her tub, eating Cheetos

    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:29 AM EDT2018-04-19 13:29:24 GMT
    PHOTO: Ouachita County Sheriff's OfficePHOTO: Ouachita County Sheriff's Office

    MONROE, La. - Police in Louisiana say a woman came home to discover a naked stranger in her tub, eating her Cheetos while taking a bath. A Monroe police affidavit says 29-year-old Evelyn Washington was arrested on burglary and property damage charges. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a responding officer found "a full tub of water and a plate of food along with half eaten Cheetos belonging to the victim on the toilet next to the tub."   

    More >>

    MONROE, La. - Police in Louisiana say a woman came home to discover a naked stranger in her tub, eating her Cheetos while taking a bath. A Monroe police affidavit says 29-year-old Evelyn Washington was arrested on burglary and property damage charges. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a responding officer found "a full tub of water and a plate of food along with half eaten Cheetos belonging to the victim on the toilet next to the tub."   

    More >>
  • Pompeo, Kim discussed held Americans

    Pompeo, Kim discussed held Americans

    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:05 AM EDT2018-04-19 13:05:29 GMT

    WASHINGTON (AP) - CIA Director Mike Pompeo raised the plight of three U.S. citizens held in North Korea during his meeting earlier this month with Kim Jong Un. That's according to a senior White House official who was not authorized to publicly discuss the sensitive discussions and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.  

    More >>

    WASHINGTON (AP) - CIA Director Mike Pompeo raised the plight of three U.S. citizens held in North Korea during his meeting earlier this month with Kim Jong Un. That's according to a senior White House official who was not authorized to publicly discuss the sensitive discussions and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.  

    More >>
  • It's (another) boy! Michigan family with 13 sons gets No. 14

    It's (another) boy! Michigan family with 13 sons gets No. 14

    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:00 AM EDT2018-04-19 13:00:45 GMT

    ROCKFORD, Mich. - A Michigan couple with 13 sons has welcomed a 14th into the family. The Grand Rapids Press reports Jay and Kateri Schwandt's latest addition was born Wednesday evening, five days before the baby's expected due date. WOOD-TV reports the boy weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces and is 21 inches long.  

    More >>

    ROCKFORD, Mich. - A Michigan couple with 13 sons has welcomed a 14th into the family. The Grand Rapids Press reports Jay and Kateri Schwandt's latest addition was born Wednesday evening, five days before the baby's expected due date. WOOD-TV reports the boy weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces and is 21 inches long.  

    More >>