FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill S - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill Shooting

Posted: Updated:
ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday
SPOKANE, Wash. -

New court documents released on Wednesday say south hill murder victim Douglas Carlile was dead when police arrived Sunday night.

Documents also confirm that Carlile's wife was hiding in the closet, and told police that someone broke into their home and shot her husband.

When officers arrived they found the back door open and Carlile was on the floor in the kitchen.

Officers noted several bullet cases on the ground near the body in the kitchen and in the dining room.

Carlile was pronounced dead by paramedics at approximately 7:18pm Sunday night.

Officers located the victim's wife in an upstairs bedroom closet and escorted her out of the home.

Fresh footprints were found in the mud behind the home and in the house directly south.

Carlile's wife said they got home a little before 7 pm  on Sunday and she went upstairs and heard Doug talking with someone.

Doug was in kitchen when his wife walked downstairs she saw a man in all black, w/ hood and gloves pointing a gun at Doug.

Carlile's wife heard Doug say "don't do anything" as she ran upstairs. When she turned around she heard several gunshots.

Police found seven casings and three bullets during a search warrant. They also took a .22 handgun and .22 rounds.

Meanwhile detectives in the case would like to make contact with investors (both past and present) in Carlile's company, Kingdom Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. 

They are also looking for information on the vehicle of interest. It is believed to be a mid-1990's Chevy van with a possible custom extension. 

Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Check at 456-2233. 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Second suspect arrested in connection to Moses Lake park shooting

    Second suspect arrested in connection to Moses Lake park shooting

    Monday, January 22 2018 12:39 AM EST2018-01-22 05:39:19 GMT

    MOSES LAKE, Wash. - Moses Lake Police say they have arrested a second suspect in connection to a shooting that left a teenager critically injured last week. Police say a 17-year-old male was arrested Sunday morning. The teenager was not identified because he is a juvenile. Police say an 18-year-old victim was shot in the chest last Sunday and taken by private vehicle to the hospital.

    More >>

    MOSES LAKE, Wash. - Moses Lake Police say they have arrested a second suspect in connection to a shooting that left a teenager critically injured last week. Police say a 17-year-old male was arrested Sunday morning. The teenager was not identified because he is a juvenile. Police say an 18-year-old victim was shot in the chest last Sunday and taken by private vehicle to the hospital.

    More >>
  • Women's Persistence March draws large crowd to downtown Spokane

    Women's Persistence March draws large crowd to downtown Spokane

    Sunday, January 21 2018 9:10 PM EST2018-01-22 02:10:12 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Thousands marched through the streets of downtown Spokane for the Women’s Persistence March and Rally. Everyone had a reason why they’re marching. It’s a part of a nationwide event this weekend, as people across the country marched to support women’s rights, civil rights, racial equality, and justice. One woman KHQ spoke with says she was marching to spread the message of standing up for one another and being there for one ano...

    More >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Thousands marched through the streets of downtown Spokane for the Women’s Persistence March and Rally. Everyone had a reason why they’re marching. It’s a part of a nationwide event this weekend, as people across the country marched to support women’s rights, civil rights, racial equality, and justice. One woman KHQ spoke with says she was marching to spread the message of standing up for one another and being there for one ano...

    More >>
  • No Texas probes involving California torture suspects

    No Texas probes involving California torture suspects

    Sunday, January 21 2018 7:04 PM EST2018-01-22 00:04:57 GMT

    RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.    David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

    More >>

    RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.    David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

    More >>