FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill S - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

FIRST ON KHQ: NEW INFORMATION In Court Documents On South Hill Shooting

Posted: Updated:
ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday New court documents in the murder of Douglas Carlile were released on Wednesday
SPOKANE, Wash. -

New court documents released on Wednesday say south hill murder victim Douglas Carlile was dead when police arrived Sunday night.

Documents also confirm that Carlile's wife was hiding in the closet, and told police that someone broke into their home and shot her husband.

When officers arrived they found the back door open and Carlile was on the floor in the kitchen.

Officers noted several bullet cases on the ground near the body in the kitchen and in the dining room.

Carlile was pronounced dead by paramedics at approximately 7:18pm Sunday night.

Officers located the victim's wife in an upstairs bedroom closet and escorted her out of the home.

Fresh footprints were found in the mud behind the home and in the house directly south.

Carlile's wife said they got home a little before 7 pm  on Sunday and she went upstairs and heard Doug talking with someone.

Doug was in kitchen when his wife walked downstairs she saw a man in all black, w/ hood and gloves pointing a gun at Doug.

Carlile's wife heard Doug say "don't do anything" as she ran upstairs. When she turned around she heard several gunshots.

Police found seven casings and three bullets during a search warrant. They also took a .22 handgun and .22 rounds.

Meanwhile detectives in the case would like to make contact with investors (both past and present) in Carlile's company, Kingdom Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. 

They are also looking for information on the vehicle of interest. It is believed to be a mid-1990's Chevy van with a possible custom extension. 

Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Check at 456-2233. 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Rachel Dolezal aka Nkechi Diallo pleads not guilty to welfare fraud

    Rachel Dolezal aka Nkechi Diallo pleads not guilty to welfare fraud

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 4:39 PM EDT2018-06-20 20:39:06 GMT

    Spokane, Wash. Nkechi Diallo formally known as Rachel Dolezal faced Spokane County Judge James Triplet Wednesday morning.  Diallo and her attorney Bevan Maxey talked amongst each other before she approached the bench to hear the charges against her formally. When they approached the bench, Diallo only had two words “Miss Diallo you are charged with two counts within the information according to my docket count one is welfare fraud, and count two is welfare...

    More >>

    Spokane, Wash. Nkechi Diallo formally known as Rachel Dolezal faced Spokane County Judge James Triplet Wednesday morning.  Diallo and her attorney Bevan Maxey talked amongst each other before she approached the bench to hear the charges against her formally. When they approached the bench, Diallo only had two words “Miss Diallo you are charged with two counts within the information according to my docket count one is welfare fraud, and count two is welfare...

    More >>
  • Trump signs order stopping policy of separating families at border

    Trump signs order stopping policy of separating families at border

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 3:46 PM EDT2018-06-20 19:46:49 GMT

    WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump, under pressure from angry members of his own party, signed on Wednesday an executive order that is meant to keep families together at the border, halting a policy he instituted earlier this year, according to NBC News.  "It's about keeping families together while ensuring we have a powerful border," Trump said of the order.

    More >>

    WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump, under pressure from angry members of his own party, signed on Wednesday an executive order that is meant to keep families together at the border, halting a policy he instituted earlier this year, according to NBC News.  "It's about keeping families together while ensuring we have a powerful border," Trump said of the order.

    More >>
  • US stepping up Earth's protection from asteroids, comets

    US stepping up Earth's protection from asteroids, comets

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 3:45 PM EDT2018-06-20 19:45:06 GMT
    NASA says a newly spotted 1,300-foot wide asteroid is not a threat to hit Earth, despite recent media reports.NASA says a newly spotted 1,300-foot wide asteroid is not a threat to hit Earth, despite recent media reports.

    CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The U.S. government is stepping up efforts to protect the planet from incoming asteroids that could wipe out entire regions or even continents.  The National Science and Technology Council released a report Wednesday calling for improved asteroid detection, tracking and deflection. NASA is participating, along with federal emergency and White House officials.  

    More >>

    CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The U.S. government is stepping up efforts to protect the planet from incoming asteroids that could wipe out entire regions or even continents.  The National Science and Technology Council released a report Wednesday calling for improved asteroid detection, tracking and deflection. NASA is participating, along with federal emergency and White House officials.  

    More >>