The Wahler Family originally thought they would be able to save the Christmas gifts they bought for their three toddlers. However, after going into their home, they found that a lot of their gifts and valuables suffered smoke damage or had melted.
"You know it's a week before Christmas...you wake up at 2:30 and your house is on fire. It's devastating and they are completely overwhelmed and a little in shock," said Jamie Southworth, a family friend.
If you'd like to help the family, you can drop donations off at the Dutch Brothers in Pasco, located at 6609 Burden Boulevard, Thursday through Christmas Eve. They're accepting money, gift cards and clothes.