Pasco firefighters are investigating what sparked a two alarm fire on the 1900 block Ruby Street Thursday evening.
PASCO, WA - Pasco firefighters are investigating what sparked a two alarm fire on the 1900 block Ruby Street Thursday evening.
Firefighters say the fire started with the Christmas tree, but they aren't sure how it caught fire.
When firefighters got to the home, they found flames coming out of the basement windows. However, firefighters couldn't get inside because the fire was too hot.
"It took a lot of time and effort. It's not.... the volume of fire wasn't as bad as the difficulty getting to it. We didn't initially send people in because it was too hot to send them down into the basement, so we had to attack from different angles outside," Battalion Chief Dave Ferguson of the Pasco Fire Department told NBC Right Now.
Ferguson says two of the seven people who lived at the home were inside the home when the fire broke out. Luckily, they were not seriously injured.