N. Astor Shooting Suspect To Be Arrested After Recovering From S - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

N. Astor Shooting Suspect To Be Arrested After Recovering From Self Inflicted Gunshot Wound; Victim Identified

Posted: Updated:
Apartment on N. Astor where a person was fatally shot Friday night. Apartment on N. Astor where a person was fatally shot Friday night.
Spokane Police Major Crimes detectives have developed probable cause to arrest 26-year-old Brandon Mellon for 1st Degree Murder. Spokane Police Major Crimes detectives have developed probable cause to arrest 26-year-old Brandon Mellon for 1st Degree Murder.
SPOKANE, Wash. -

SPOKANE, Wash. - Days after a man was fatally shot at an apartment in the 2200 block of N. Astor, Spokane Police Major Crimes detectives have developed probable cause to arrest 26-year-old Brandon Mellon for 1st Degree Murder.

Detectives will be requesting a charge of 1st Degree Murder from the Spokane County Prosecutor.

After detectives interviewed witnesses and followed up on other leads, information was developed that Brandon Mellon was a person of interest in the homicide, occurring on the night of January 3rd at 2228 N. Astor.

Through inter-agency collaboration, detectives developed information that Mellon was at a motel in Pasco, WA and had accidentally shot himself in the leg. A gun was recovered at the scene. Mellon was transported to a hospital in Portland with critical injuries and is being treated for those injuries under supervision. Once detectives receive a warrant, they will begin work on the extradition process and officially place Mellon under arrest.

The Spokane County Medical Examiner confirmed identity of the homicide victim as 48-year-old Arnold Allen Lommasson. The Medical Examiner confirmed Lommasson died from a gunshot wound to the head. 

The Medical Examiner's Office also stated that they have been unable to located the next of kin for Lommasson and if you are aware of his next of kin, please have them call the Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office. 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:10 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:10:59 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

    More >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

    More >>
  • Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:09 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:09:41 GMT
    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabinFire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    More >>

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    More >>
  • Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Friday, September 22 2017 9:59 PM EDT2017-09-23 01:59:50 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

    More >>

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

    More >>