Federal Prosecutor Reviewing NJ Lane Shutdowns - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Federal Prosecutor Reviewing NJ Lane Shutdowns

Federal Prosecutor Reviewing NJ Lane Shutdowns

Posted: Updated:
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - The U.S. attorney in New Jersey says he is investigating the shutdown of highway lanes that may have been closed by Gov. Chris Christie's administration for political retribution.
    
A spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman says in a statement that the Port Authority's inspector general referred the matter to Fishman's office.
    
Fishman says in a statement that his office is "reviewing the matter to determine whether a federal law was implicated."
    
Christie has apologized and says he was "embarrassed and humiliated" by his staff but had no idea his aides may have closed highway lanes to exact political retribution.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • National NewsMore>>

  • 30-year-old man evicted from parents' New York home must leave by June 1

    30-year-old man evicted from parents' New York home must leave by June 1

    Thursday, May 24 2018 7:37 PM EDT2018-05-24 23:37:51 GMT
    NBC NewsNBC News
    NBC NewsNBC News

    SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A court order says a 30-year-old upstate New York man who was evicted from his parents' house must move out by noon on June 1. State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood signed the order on Thursday. It sets a hard deadline for Michael Rotondo to peacefully leave his parents' home in Camillus (kuh-MIHL'-us) before county sheriffs can be called in to forcibly remove him. Rotondo had asked for at least 30 days to leave, arguing for a full ...

    More >>

    SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A court order says a 30-year-old upstate New York man who was evicted from his parents' house must move out by noon on June 1. State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood signed the order on Thursday. It sets a hard deadline for Michael Rotondo to peacefully leave his parents' home in Camillus (kuh-MIHL'-us) before county sheriffs can be called in to forcibly remove him. Rotondo had asked for at least 30 days to leave, arguing for a full ...

    More >>
  • Missouri teen barred from graduation after school sale prank

    Missouri teen barred from graduation after school sale prank

    Thursday, May 24 2018 7:31 PM EDT2018-05-24 23:31:38 GMT

    INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - An 18-year-old who put his suburban Kansas City high school for sale on Craigslist has been banned from graduation after the senior prank went awry.  The Kansas City Star reports Kylan Scheele listed Truman High School in Independence, Missouri, for the bargain price of $12,275 last week. Problems arose when someone reported the posting as a possible threat because of Scheele's choice of wording.  He wrote that the reason for the sale 

    More >>

    INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - An 18-year-old who put his suburban Kansas City high school for sale on Craigslist has been banned from graduation after the senior prank went awry.  The Kansas City Star reports Kylan Scheele listed Truman High School in Independence, Missouri, for the bargain price of $12,275 last week. Problems arose when someone reported the posting as a possible threat because of Scheele's choice of wording.  He wrote that the reason for the sale 

    More >>
  • The Latest: North Korea says it's still willing to talk with US

    The Latest: North Korea says it's still willing to talk with US

    Thursday, May 24 2018 7:29 PM EDT2018-05-24 23:29:28 GMT

    WASHINGTON (AP) - The Latest on President Donald Trump canceling his planned summit with North Korea (all times local): 7:05 p.m.  North Korea says it is still willing to sit down for talks with the United States "at any time, at any format" after President Donald Trump abruptly canceled his planned summit with Kim Jong Un. Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan issued a statement Friday saying North Korea is "willing to give the U.S. time and opp...

    More >>

    WASHINGTON (AP) - The Latest on President Donald Trump canceling his planned summit with North Korea (all times local): 7:05 p.m.  North Korea says it is still willing to sit down for talks with the United States "at any time, at any format" after President Donald Trump abruptly canceled his planned summit with Kim Jong Un. Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan issued a statement Friday saying North Korea is "willing to give the U.S. time and opp...

    More >>