Remember The 44 Vehicle Pile-Up In Idaho? We Now Know Who Caused - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Remember The 44 Vehicle Pile-Up In Idaho? We Now Know Who Caused It

Posted: Updated:
Mobile users, click this link to see slideshow photos and video: http://tinyurl.com/keq2dzn

UPDATE: BOISE, Idaho (AP) - A 38-year-old log truck driver authorities say caused the initial collision that resulted in a 44-vehicle pileup on Interstate 84 in January has been cited for inattentive driving.
   
The Idaho Statesman reports that Idaho State Police announced Wednesday the decision to cite Cory D. Ford of Emmett.
   
Police say Ford failed to slow down in heavy fog on Jan. 9 and sideswiped a tractor-trailer and rear-ended a Subaru Forester on the highway in Meridian.
   
The pileup happened as motorists entered a wall of fog during the morning rush hour. Ten people were injured in the collisions, including the driver of the Subaru who sustained serious injuries.
   
He was released after several days in a hospital.
___
   
Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:


BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Hospital officials say a southwestern man who was badly injured in a 44-car pileup has been released from the hospital.
   
The Idaho Statesman (http://bit.ly/1dJTAsz ) reports 52-year-old Jose Silva Cuellar of Meridian was taken to the hospital in serious condition after the crash on Interstate 84 Thursday morning, but by Saturday he had improved to fair condition.
   
Silva Cuellar's 2011 Subaru Forester collided with a logging truck and the Subaru was rolled and dragged down the road for 180 feet by the larger vehicle. Emergency workers found Silva Cuellar trapped in a small compartment inside the crumpled wreckage.
   
Idaho State Police are still investigating the pileup, which happened as motorists entered a wall of fog during the morning rush hour. Nine other people were also injured in the collisions.
  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • PENTAGON CONFIRMS: Foley rescue attempt failed earlier this summer

    PENTAGON CONFIRMS: Foley rescue attempt failed earlier this summer

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 11:16 PM EDT2014-08-21 03:16:50 GMT
    WASHINGTON, D.C.- Wednesday afternoon the Pentagon released information about a rescue operation to free James Foley and other U.S. hostages held in Syria by Islamist militants. Several dozen troops flew in by helicopter, but couldn't find the hostages. One of those hostages was James Foley.More >>
    WASHINGTON, D.C.- Wednesday afternoon the Pentagon released information about a rescue operation to free James Foley and other U.S. hostages held in Syria by Islamist militants. Several dozen troops flew in by helicopter, but couldn't find the hostages. One of those hostages was James Foley.More >>
  • Spokane Police work to implement body cameras

    Spokane Police work to implement body cameras

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 10:23 PM EDT2014-08-21 02:23:21 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department plans to equip 15 to 20 officers with body cameras starting the first week of September. Police Chief Frank Straub says his team still has a lot of details to work out, but that this is something that has been on their radar for quite some time.More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department plans to equip 15 to 20 officers with body cameras starting the first week of September. Police Chief Frank Straub says his team still has a lot of details to work out, but that this is something that has been on their radar for quite some time.More >>
  • Father of Rebecca West speaks about potential release of Michael Tarbert: 'It's been a living hell'

    Father of Rebecca West speaks about potential release of Michael Tarbert: 'It's been a living hell'

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-08-20 23:32:40 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - Michael West cannot believe that the man suspected of killing his daughter Rebecca may once again walk the streets of Spokane.“It's very unacceptable to me,” West told KHQ. More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - Michael West cannot believe that the man suspected of killing his daughter Rebecca may once again walk the streets of Spokane.“It's very unacceptable to me,” West told KHQ. “A 55-year-old man is able to go home to his family, and my daughter can't come home to her mother. I'm very surprised.” West says his daughter's death destroyed his family. More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.