NBCRightNow.com - Here's the recipe for Chef Brian Hodges' Multilayer Gameday Dip from today's Mike Local Gourmet!Ingredients
For the meat component...use your favorite! Pulled pork, bacon, chicken or omit meat to make the dip completely vegetarian friendly!
- 1 small tomato
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Black Bean & Corn Relish:
- 1 small can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 cup frozen corn (or fresh when available)
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 5-6 scallions, diced
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce, shredded
1) Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap
2) First spread a layer of guacamole on the bottom. Next, add a layer of the relish and then a layer of the lettuce and your favorite salsa.
3) Add a layer of tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips (whatever you have will work)
4) Top off the dip with the meat component (the more, the BETTER)!
5) Place a platter or large plate on top the loaf pan and carefully flip both the loaf pan and platter over.
6) Wiggle the loaf pan to ensure that you get everything out of it and remove plastic wrap.
7) Surround with chips and DIG IN!
If you want to order a dip for gameday this weekend, call the Grill on Gage at (509) 396-6435.
GO SEAHAWKS!- Mike