PASCO, WA - Faulty wiring in a light fixture is to blame for a fire that left six people without a home Tuesday morning, in Pasco.
The fire started around 5:00 a.m. in the attic of the home, on the 900 block of South Lindsay Avenue.
Firefighters had to rip open the ceiling in the living room to get to the flames. It took them about a half hour to put out the fire.
The family was inside at the time, but was able to get out safely.
"Crews had to go in and gain access to the attic. It was lath and plaster construction-- so, they had a difficult time getting in--but once they got in there, we got the fire under control real quickly," said Battalion Chief Dave Hare of the Pasco Fire Department.
Firefighters said the family was able to salvage most of their belongings. The Red Cross is helping them with what they need.
Tuesday, March 11 2014 2:36 AM EDT2014-03-11 06:36:47 GMT
Elizabeth Mo, a senior at Kamiakin High School in Kennewick, took first place in the Washington State Finals for Poetry Out Loud this weekend.More >>
Starting from a field of 23,000 students across 76 of Washington's high schools, Elizabeth Mo, a senior at Kamiakin High School in Kennewick, took first place in the Washington State Finals for Poetry Out Loud this weekend.More >>