Super Bowl Media Day: Roman Numerals LessonPosted:
Mariners win 5th straight, beating Tigers 9-6
Former MSUB Pitching Great, Billings Scarlet Muller Gets Hometown Start
After a stellar career as a member as the Billings Scarlets, Brady Muller kept his excellence in town, going on to be one of the greatest pitchers in Montana State University Billings history. But that didn't earn him a spot in professional baseball. Brady had to continue his career in the independent Frontier League as a part of the Windy City Thunderbolts. That paid off, however, with his first MLB contract, which led to his first career start, on the same field he played on in high...
Billings Offense Thrives in Mustangs' 15-4 Win Over Osprey
The Billings Mustangs (3-1) secured the series victory over the Missoula Osprey (1-3) with a resounding 15-4 win on Thursday night in front of 4,397 at Dehler Park..
Former Chiefs HC Don Nachbaur named LA Kings Assistant Coach
The LA Kings have agreed to terms with Don Nachbaur to serve as Assistant Coach, it was announced today by LA Kings Vice President and General Manager Rob Blake and Kings Head Coach John Stevens. Nachbaur joins Assistant Coach Dave Lowry (hired on May 30) and Goaltending Coach Bill Ranford.
Spokane natives Yamamoto, Johnson breaking the mold on the ice
Dyson's bunt sparks Mariners to 7-5 win over Tigers
SEATTLE (AP) - Jarrod Dyson's bunt single broke up Justin Verlander's bid for a perfect game in the sixth inning Wednesday night and sparked the Seattle Mariners to a 7-5 comeback win over the Detroit Tigers.
Indians drop second straight game to Dust Devils, 5-1
PASCO, Wash. (AP) -- Aldemar Burgos homered and had three hits, driving in three, and Emmanuel Ramirez allowed just one hit over six innings as the Tri-City Dust Devils defeated the Spokane Indians 5-1 on Wednesday. Ramirez (1-0) allowed one run while striking out seven and walking two to pick up the win.
Sounders give up last-second goal, tie Orlando City 1-1
SEATTLE (AP) - Scott Sutter headed in a free kick on the last play of second-half stoppage time to lift Orlando City to a 1-1 tie with the Seattle Sounders on Wednesday night. The Lions (7-5-5) were awarded a free kick 12 yards up from the goal line outside the penalty area on the left side.
Sisters share more than 60 years cheering on local Minor League Baseball team
Meet two local ladies who have been cheering on the Billings Mustangs for more than 6 decades.
Special Olympics Washington to feature 62 teams at 2017 Spokane Hoopfest
Special Olympics Washington will feature 62 teams at the 2017 Spokane Hoopfest, displaying some of the most-skilled and competitive traditional and Unified (athletes with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team) 3-on-3 squads Special Olympics has to offer.
Reviewing OOTP '15, Mariners Still Break Hearts in Baseball Video Game
Sam Adams Live in San Diego Pt. 2
Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...
Slipper Still Fits Gonzaga in NCAA Tournament
Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...
Sam Adams Live From MetLife Stadium
So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...
Catching Up With Comic Icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane
While working his daily grind in New York, N.Y. for the Seattle Seahawks trip to Super Bowl XLVIII, Sam Adams stumbled upon comic book icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane at Toys R Us! Get the low down on Lee's cameo in the second "Avengers" film and the progress McFarlane is making on the "Spawn" reboot by watching the above video...
The Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane With Sam Adams
I knew ahead of time that Todd McFarlane would be there signing autographs, so that was a lucky break. For those of you not in the know, he played baseball at Spokane Falls and Eastern Washington in college. His "Spawn" comic series was wildly successful in the 1990's, giving him enough money for him to buy millions of dollars in sports memorabilia...
Sam Adams Blogging From Times Square
I've lost my voice... and maybe my sanity along with it. It's been a crazy last 48 hours for me and Josh Godfrey. We're getting no sleep in the city that never sleeps... and I'm not complaining one bit...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Seahawks Great Dave Krieg
SWX's Sam Adams interviewed former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg about Super Bowl XLVIII live from the Hudson River on Thursday, Jan. 30. Krieg played for the Seahawks from 1980-'91 and led the franchise to its first ever NFL playoffs appearance...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Former Super Bowl MVP Terrell Davis
Former Super Bowl MVP and 2,000 yard rusher for the Denver Broncos Terrell Davis speaks about Super Bowl XLVIII with SWX's Sam Adams before participating in the Super Bowl XLVIII Skills Challenge in New York on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
SUPER BOWL COUNTDOWN: Sam's Blogging Away
SAM ADAMS: After a day crammed with football on Tuesday's Media Day, I'm taking Wednesday as a football-free day.
SWX Blog RollMore>>
- As the 38th running of Bloomsday draws nearer, it brought back some memories from my childhood. Growing up in Issaquah, Washington, I didn’t make it to Spokane very often for the event, but every time I did, it was a special experience to share with family.More >>
- Below is a list of the area high school athletes who signed Letters of Intent today, National Signing Day, Feb. 5. The student athlete's will be listed by the high school they attend...More >>
- After the Seattle Seahawks announced a statement for their Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson that he was filing for divorce from his wife, only one question popped into my head. What is going to happen to Danger-Russ on the field? More >>
- Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl, been to the Pro Bowl twice, gone 5-1 in the playoffs, hasn't missed a single game in his two years in the league, thrown 52 touchdowns to his 19 interceptions and will be the lowest-paid quarterback on the Seattle Seahawks' roster in 2014.More >>
- This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
- Per Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review Boise State head basketball coach has interviewed with Washington State University about it's open position after former head coach Ken Bone was fired on Mar. 18.More >>
- Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...More >>
- Gonzaga made its first appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the end of the 1994-95 season. Ever since then, despite all the tournament games, poll rankings and slots on national TV, there are some people who simply missed the memo about how to pronounce the school’s name...More >>
- Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...More >>
- So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...More >>
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
All in the Family - Klinkers' Rise to the Division-1 LevelMore >>
All in the Family - Klinkers' Rise to the Division-1 LevelMore >>
Former Gonzaga forward Zach Collins was selected 10th overall by the Sacramento Kings in the 2017 NBA Draft. Collins becomes the Bulldogs' third lottery pick in the last five years, joining Kelly Olynyk (13th in 2013) and Domantas Sabonis (11th in 2016).More >>
LEWISTON, Idaho – The list of Lewis-Clark State College baseball players in the minor leagues continues to grow as Gunnar Buhner has signed a free-agent contract with the Philadelphia Phillies. LCSC, which won its third straight Avista NAIA World Series title earlier this month and its 19th overall, had seven players selected in the Major League draft last week. Buhner, the son of former Major League outfielder Jay Buhner, wasn’t sel...More >>
Gonzaga forward Zach Collins is moments away from fulfilling his dream and being drafted in Thursday's NBA Draft. This year's NBA Draft could be historic for the Bulldogs, as they could potentially have a player selected in the first round in back-to-back years for the first time in school history.More >>
- The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in yourYou have reached a page which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous pageMore >>
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Gonzaga basketball has finalized dates for Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel for Oct. 7, and Numerica FanFest on Oct. 14. Fans will get the early details on this year's Numerica Kraziness in the Kennel and Numerica FanFest events, and meet some of their favorite men's and women's basketball playersMore >>
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Nelson Cruz drove in four runs, Mitch Haniger had four hits, and the Seattle Mariners started a series against Minnesota with a football score for the second time in a week to beat the Twins 14-3 on Monday night.More >>
PULLMAN, Wash. – Washington State football has completed its nonconference schedule through the 2021 season and it will have the Cougars playing seven home games in four of the next five years, WSU Director of Athletics Bill Moos announced Monday.More >>
- SEATTLE (AP) - Josh Donaldson hit a two-run homer in the first inning and finished with three RBIs, J.A. Happ rediscovered the form that made him a 20-game winner last season with six shutout innings, and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Seattle Mariners 4-0 on Sunday. Donaldson and the Blue Jays knocked out Seattle starter James Paxton (5-1) after just four innings, handing him his first loss of the season and sending the thousands of Toronto fans from western Canad...More >>