Sam Adams Has Some Fun At Media DayPosted:
Seahawks waive defensive end Dwight Freeney
Freeney, 37, signed with the Seahawks last month and appeared in four games, recording three sacks in his first two games.
Chiefs fall to Victoria 1-0
The Victoria Royals spoiled Kailer Yamamoto’s homecoming Friday night as they took down the Spokane Chiefs, 1-0.
Whitworth men's basketball welcomes Gallaudet University to the Fieldhouse
The entire team and coaching staff is either deaf or hard of hearing, with the exception of the equipment manager who serves as the team's interpreter. Despite what some might think is a disadvantage, the Bison are a successful basketball program.
Figure Skaters compete at sectional championships
For skaters like Sean Rabbit, the chance to realize a dream and make the 2018 Olympic team will come in just over a month at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
Clint Dempsey wins 2017 MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award
The award “honors an MLS player who has overcome injuries and/or adversity to achieve success during the 2017 MLS regular season.”
Seahawks add CB Byron Maxwell, place Richard Sherman on IR
The Seahawks have signed cornerback Byron Maxwell, bringing back a player who was a starter on the 2014 team that advanced to Super Bowl XLIX.
Volberg's Jess Lockwood the Youngest to Win PBR Championship
The Volberg native also became the first rider ever to win the first three rounds, and with the championship earnings of $1 million, raised his 2017 winnings to $1.5 million.
Oilers send Yamamoto back to Spokane
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned forward Kailer Yamamoto to the Spokane Chiefs, as announced by the Oilers on Monday morning. He will be available for the Chiefs’ next game, at Lethbridge on November 10.
Eastern Washington QB suspended for upcoming game against North Dakota
CHENEY, Wash. - A pair of Eastern Washington University football players will not be making the trip to play North Dakota this week for violation of team rules, EWU head coach Aaron Best announced on Sunday afternoon (Nov. 5). The two players are junior quarterback Gage Gubrud and junior linebacker Kurt Calhoun.
New York Jets sign former Cougars DL Xavier Cooper
Cleveland waived the 6’4”, 300-pounder on Sept. 2 and he signed with the 49ers, but was released Oct. 24. Cooper, a Washington State product, totaled 121 tackles, 31.5 tackles for loss and 13 sacks in three years for the Cougars.
Reviewing OOTP '15, Mariners Still Break Hearts in Baseball Video Game
This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
Sam Adams Live in San Diego Pt. 2
Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...
Slipper Still Fits Gonzaga in NCAA Tournament
Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...
Sam Adams Live From MetLife Stadium
So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...
Catching Up With Comic Icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane
While working his daily grind in New York, N.Y. for the Seattle Seahawks trip to Super Bowl XLVIII, Sam Adams stumbled upon comic book icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane at Toys R Us! Get the low down on Lee's cameo in the second "Avengers" film and the progress McFarlane is making on the "Spawn" reboot by watching the above video...
The Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane With Sam Adams
I knew ahead of time that Todd McFarlane would be there signing autographs, so that was a lucky break. For those of you not in the know, he played baseball at Spokane Falls and Eastern Washington in college. His "Spawn" comic series was wildly successful in the 1990's, giving him enough money for him to buy millions of dollars in sports memorabilia...
Sam Adams Blogging From Times Square
I've lost my voice... and maybe my sanity along with it. It's been a crazy last 48 hours for me and Josh Godfrey. We're getting no sleep in the city that never sleeps... and I'm not complaining one bit...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Seahawks Great Dave Krieg
SWX's Sam Adams interviewed former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg about Super Bowl XLVIII live from the Hudson River on Thursday, Jan. 30. Krieg played for the Seahawks from 1980-'91 and led the franchise to its first ever NFL playoffs appearance...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Former Super Bowl MVP Terrell Davis
Former Super Bowl MVP and 2,000 yard rusher for the Denver Broncos Terrell Davis speaks about Super Bowl XLVIII with SWX's Sam Adams before participating in the Super Bowl XLVIII Skills Challenge in New York on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
SUPER BOWL COUNTDOWN: Sam's Blogging Away
SAM ADAMS: After a day crammed with football on Tuesday's Media Day, I'm taking Wednesday as a football-free day.
SWX Blog RollMore>>
- As the 38th running of Bloomsday draws nearer, it brought back some memories from my childhood. Growing up in Issaquah, Washington, I didn’t make it to Spokane very often for the event, but every time I did, it was a special experience to share with family.More >>
- Below is a list of the area high school athletes who signed Letters of Intent today, National Signing Day, Feb. 5. The student athlete's will be listed by the high school they attend...More >>
- After the Seattle Seahawks announced a statement for their Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson that he was filing for divorce from his wife, only one question popped into my head. What is going to happen to Danger-Russ on the field? More >>
- Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl, been to the Pro Bowl twice, gone 5-1 in the playoffs, hasn't missed a single game in his two years in the league, thrown 52 touchdowns to his 19 interceptions and will be the lowest-paid quarterback on the Seattle Seahawks' roster in 2014.More >>
- This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
- Per Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review Boise State head basketball coach has interviewed with Washington State University about it's open position after former head coach Ken Bone was fired on Mar. 18.More >>
- Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...More >>
- Gonzaga made its first appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the end of the 1994-95 season. Ever since then, despite all the tournament games, poll rankings and slots on national TV, there are some people who simply missed the memo about how to pronounce the school’s name...More >>
- Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...More >>
- So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...More >>
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your
You have reached a page which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous pageMore >>
In this week's episode of Press Pass Pullman, Mike Leach tackles important topics like how to win your family Thanksgiving football game. Before that, he talks about preparing for the Huskies with a bye week, Jake Browning, and playoffs. In the (extended) 'Fan Question of the Week,' he touches on holiday traditions, turducken, and which states are his favorite and least favorite. Theo Lawson also joins the show to discuss this year's UW squad and last year's Apple Cup.More >>
Despite being ranked 19th in the STATS FCS rankings, Eastern Washington fell short of and FCS Tournament berth. On Monday, just over 24 hours after the snub, Eagle Athletic Director Bill Chaves joined SWX Tonight to talk about missing the playoffs, recap Aaron Best's first year at the helm and take a look at the university's basketball programs.More >>
- SPOKANE, Wash. – Senior quarterback Ian Kolste made a successful return from an ankle injury to lead Whitworth to a 38-23 win over visiting Puget Sound and set his team's career record for total offense along the way. Kolste, who was injured on October 7th against George Fox and missed all of the following week's win at Pacific Lutheran, completed 20 of 32 passes for 224 yards with three touchdowns and one interception in two quarters of play, leading the Pirates to a 31-7 half...More >>
Perkins made 6 of 10 from 3-point range as the Bulldogs won the season opener for both teams. He had 15 points in the first half, when Gonzaga built a 21-point lead over the Tigers that they could not overcome.More >>
The Vandals (2-5, 1-2 Sun Belt) will be looking to snap a three-game slide against the Warhawks (3-4, 3-2 Sun Belt).More >>
The rematch will take place in Los Angeles on Nov. 11 at noon. EWU earned a No. 14 seed and received an automatic bid after winning the Big Sky Conference Tournament title for the second year in a row.More >>
The Gonzaga Bulldogs opened their season falling 65-49 at Colorado State on Monday night in Fort Collins, Colo.More >>
- By The Associated PressMore >>By The Associated PressMore >>