Murder Trial for Richland Teen to Go Forward on February 10th - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Murder Trial for Richland Teen to Go Forward on February 10th

Posted: Updated:
Joshua Hunt Joshua Hunt

KENNEWICK, WA - The February 10th trial for a 19-year-old Richland teen charged with 1st Degree Murder will go forward as planned, despite hesitation from his attorney.

Joshua Hunt and 18-year-old John Young are charged with the murder of 17-year-old Joshua Snapp on the morning of July 4th last year near Horn Rapids in Richland.

Wednesday morning Hunt's attorney, Shane Silverthorn of Selah, entered a motion to continue the February 10th trial to another date citing he "hasn't had enough time to be 100% ready."

State Prosecutor Andy Miller says he wants to go forward with the February 10th date because of Hunt's confession shortly after turning himself in to police.  Miller says Hunt confessed to shooting Snapp twice, once in the back and once in the head.  Hunt also says John Young fired the third shot.  According to the doctor who performed the autopsy on Snapp, the 17-year-old had an exit wound in his eye and two bullets in his body (one in the chest, the other in the head).

Judge Carrie Runge denied Silverthorn's motion citing "no sufficient basis to continue."

The trial for John Young is set for March 10th.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.