Super Bowl: Interviewing Former Super Bowl MVP Terrell DavisPosted:
Get to know the NAIA World Series teams
The first round of action in this year's NAIA World Series begins on Friday, May 25 and you can catch all the action live on SWX.
Mariners place Dee Gordon on 10-day DL
Gordon, 30, initially injured the toe when he fouled a ball off it during an at-bat on May 9 at Toronto, and further injured it in Sunday's 3-2 victory over the Tigers.
Central Valley honored on MaxPreps Tour of Champions
"It's an honor and a privilege to receive this award," said Central Valley head basketball coach Freddie Rehkow. "It's great for the Pacific Northwest to be recognized with this honor and accomplishment.
Paxton tosses complete game as Mariners earn 7-2 win over Tigers
James Paxton pitched a complete-game three-hitter and the Seattle Mariners took a 7-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday night at Safeco Field. Paxton struck out eight and walked on, recording his second complete game of the season. He joins Cleveland’s Carlos Carrasco as the only pitchers in the Major Leagues with two complete games this season. This was his fifth straight start with at least six innings pitched and three or fewer runs al...
Tigers get past Mariners after big 8th inning
The Tigers had the bases loaded in the 8th inning with two outs when Jose Iglesias drove in two runs on a single to give the Tigers a 3-2 lead and ultimately the win.
Mariners fall to Rangers, giving up 5 runs in final innings
The Mariners held the Rangers to only one run until the 9th inning when Texas scored two runs on a passed ball.
Seahawks sign first-round pick Rashaad Penny
Penny, who led the nation in rushing at San Diego State last season, was the No. 27 overall selection in the draft, marking just the second time in the past six drafts that the Seahawks have taken a player in the first round.
Twitter reacts to Cano's 80-game suspension
Mariners star Robinson Cano was hit with an 80-game suspension on Tuesday after he violated Major League Baseball's drug policy. Cano's suspension drew different reactions from fans and players alike - including Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander.
Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for violating MLB's drug policy
Seattle Mariners star second baseman, Robinson Cano has been suspended 80 games for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy on Tuesday.
Spokane Sounders capture US Youth Soccer Washington State Championship title
Winning this event qualifies the Sounders for the Far West Regional Championships to be held in Hawaii in this June and with the opportunity to qualify for the US Youth Soccer National Championships.
Reviewing OOTP '15, Mariners Still Break Hearts in Baseball Video Game
This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
Sam Adams Live in San Diego Pt. 2
Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...
Slipper Still Fits Gonzaga in NCAA Tournament
Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...
Sam Adams Live From MetLife Stadium
So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...
Catching Up With Comic Icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane
While working his daily grind in New York, N.Y. for the Seattle Seahawks trip to Super Bowl XLVIII, Sam Adams stumbled upon comic book icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane at Toys R Us! Get the low down on Lee's cameo in the second "Avengers" film and the progress McFarlane is making on the "Spawn" reboot by watching the above video...
The Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane With Sam Adams
I knew ahead of time that Todd McFarlane would be there signing autographs, so that was a lucky break. For those of you not in the know, he played baseball at Spokane Falls and Eastern Washington in college. His "Spawn" comic series was wildly successful in the 1990's, giving him enough money for him to buy millions of dollars in sports memorabilia...
Sam Adams Blogging From Times Square
I've lost my voice... and maybe my sanity along with it. It's been a crazy last 48 hours for me and Josh Godfrey. We're getting no sleep in the city that never sleeps... and I'm not complaining one bit...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Seahawks Great Dave Krieg
SWX's Sam Adams interviewed former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg about Super Bowl XLVIII live from the Hudson River on Thursday, Jan. 30. Krieg played for the Seahawks from 1980-'91 and led the franchise to its first ever NFL playoffs appearance...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Former Super Bowl MVP Terrell Davis
Former Super Bowl MVP and 2,000 yard rusher for the Denver Broncos Terrell Davis speaks about Super Bowl XLVIII with SWX's Sam Adams before participating in the Super Bowl XLVIII Skills Challenge in New York on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
SUPER BOWL COUNTDOWN: Sam's Blogging Away
SAM ADAMS: After a day crammed with football on Tuesday's Media Day, I'm taking Wednesday as a football-free day.
SWX Blog RollMore>>
- As the 38th running of Bloomsday draws nearer, it brought back some memories from my childhood. Growing up in Issaquah, Washington, I didn’t make it to Spokane very often for the event, but every time I did, it was a special experience to share with family.More >>
- Below is a list of the area high school athletes who signed Letters of Intent today, National Signing Day, Feb. 5. The student athlete's will be listed by the high school they attend...More >>
- After the Seattle Seahawks announced a statement for their Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson that he was filing for divorce from his wife, only one question popped into my head. What is going to happen to Danger-Russ on the field? More >>
- Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl, been to the Pro Bowl twice, gone 5-1 in the playoffs, hasn't missed a single game in his two years in the league, thrown 52 touchdowns to his 19 interceptions and will be the lowest-paid quarterback on the Seattle Seahawks' roster in 2014.More >>
- This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
- Per Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review Boise State head basketball coach has interviewed with Washington State University about it's open position after former head coach Ken Bone was fired on Mar. 18.More >>
- Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...More >>
- Gonzaga made its first appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the end of the 1994-95 season. Ever since then, despite all the tournament games, poll rankings and slots on national TV, there are some people who simply missed the memo about how to pronounce the school’s name...More >>
- Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...More >>
- So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...More >>
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
Jefferson High sophomore Avery Stiles says he is six months removed from ACL surgery after a football injury and surprised even himself earlier this year.More >>
Whitworth is coming off a 10-15 record in 2017-18. Griffith takes over for Higgs, who won 361 games in 24 years leading the Pirates and ranked 48th in total victories among active Division III coaches at the time of her retirement.More >>
- Broadwater High School senior Jack Dolan has suited up in four sports for the Bulldogs but wasn't always one of the top distance runners in Class B. "I was little bit overweight at the time but I've actually cut off 5 minutes off my time and a lot of that is due to I've had really, really great teammates, my opponents and then my mom, my coach, has helped me so much," said Jack. Brooke Dolan helped Jack and his teammates bring the first-ever cross-country sta...More >>
Helena's Sam Matteucci smashes this week's hit into the back fence to help send the Bengals to state!More >>
- Senior faces Glacier in Thursday's opening round of the State-AA Softball Tournament. Lady Broncs enter as the 2-seed, while Glacier enters as the 3-seed. Senior enters the 8-team field as one of the state's most potent offensive teamsMore >>
The Eagles racked up a program-best 16-6-1 overall record with a 7-1-1 mark in conference play a year ago to win their first regular season championship title since 2004.More >>
A woman attacked by a grizzly bear in Northwest Montana is being closely monitored tonight. Amber Kornak now has metal plates and drains in her head and is at risk for swelling induced seizures. Kornak dreamed of working with grizzly bears and finally got a position in Libby, Mont. as a grizzly bear wildlife technician with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.More >>
Gonzaga men’s basketball player Rui Hachimura announced he will return for his junior season in 2018-19 on Sunday. Hachimura averaged 11.6 points per game, starting only twice during the 2017-18 season.More >>