Super Bowl: Interviewing Seahawks Great Dave KriegPosted:
Indians fall to Hops in walk-off fashion, 6-5
Mariners lose series opener to Yankees, 4-1
Hernandez was as good as he's been in 2017, striking out a season-high nine and pitching at least seven innings for the second time.
Mariners acquire veteran reliever from Marlins
Phelps is a six-year Major League veteran who debuted with the Yankees in 2012 and was traded to Miami before the '15 season. He's 28-32 with a 3.90 ERA in 218 games, including 64 starts.
For the first time in the history of the Missoula Osprey, one of their games will be able to be seen on television. Tonight's game against the Ogden Raptors will be aired on SWX Montana. You can find SWX Montana on Charter cable, channel 199. You can also find it on standard cable in Missoula/Kalispell 23.3. Osprey radio play-by-play announcer Cooper Perkins will simulcast his radio broadcast on the air tonight for your viewing pleasure. First pitch is at 7:05 PM (MT) Y...
Indians fail to complete comeback, fall to Volcanoes, 3-2
Spokane saw its comeback attempt come up short after Melvin Novoa scored on a wild pitch in the ninth inning to cut the Salem-Keizer lead to 3-2.
Sounders complete historic comeback, beating D.C. United 4-3
The Seattle Sounders fell into a three-goal deficit, but staged a remarkable second-half comeback that saw them bag four goals in 27 minutes en-route to a 4-3 victory over D.C. United at CenturyLink Field on Wednesday night.
Mariners beat Astros, 4-1 and win series
Paxton (9-3) allowed six hits and one run in seven innings, after not allowing a run in his previous two starts against Houston this season. It's the fourth straight win for Paxton, who struck out seven.
Indians beat Volcanoes in walk-off fashion, 2-1
Isaias Quiroz hit a walk-off single with one out in the ninth inning, as the Spokane Indians topped the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes 2-1.
Mariners snap winning streak after falling to Astros, 6-2
Evan Gattis homered twice to help the Astros beat the Mariners, 6-2.
Sounders prepare for matchup against D.C. United
The Sounders are 7-2-2 all-time against D.C. United, including a 2-0 victory in their last meeting in June of 2016. Since 2011, the Sounders have shut out D.C. United six consecutive times, posting a 5-0-1 record during that span.
Reviewing OOTP '15, Mariners Still Break Hearts in Baseball Video Game
Sam Adams Live in San Diego Pt. 2
Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...
Slipper Still Fits Gonzaga in NCAA Tournament
Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...
Sam Adams Live From MetLife Stadium
So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...
Catching Up With Comic Icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane
While working his daily grind in New York, N.Y. for the Seattle Seahawks trip to Super Bowl XLVIII, Sam Adams stumbled upon comic book icons Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane at Toys R Us! Get the low down on Lee's cameo in the second "Avengers" film and the progress McFarlane is making on the "Spawn" reboot by watching the above video...
The Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane With Sam Adams
I knew ahead of time that Todd McFarlane would be there signing autographs, so that was a lucky break. For those of you not in the know, he played baseball at Spokane Falls and Eastern Washington in college. His "Spawn" comic series was wildly successful in the 1990's, giving him enough money for him to buy millions of dollars in sports memorabilia...
Sam Adams Blogging From Times Square
I've lost my voice... and maybe my sanity along with it. It's been a crazy last 48 hours for me and Josh Godfrey. We're getting no sleep in the city that never sleeps... and I'm not complaining one bit...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Seahawks Great Dave Krieg
SWX's Sam Adams interviewed former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg about Super Bowl XLVIII live from the Hudson River on Thursday, Jan. 30. Krieg played for the Seahawks from 1980-'91 and led the franchise to its first ever NFL playoffs appearance...
Super Bowl: Interviewing Former Super Bowl MVP Terrell Davis
Former Super Bowl MVP and 2,000 yard rusher for the Denver Broncos Terrell Davis speaks about Super Bowl XLVIII with SWX's Sam Adams before participating in the Super Bowl XLVIII Skills Challenge in New York on Wednesday, Jan. 30.
SUPER BOWL COUNTDOWN: Sam's Blogging Away
SAM ADAMS: After a day crammed with football on Tuesday's Media Day, I'm taking Wednesday as a football-free day.
SWX Blog RollMore>>
- As the 38th running of Bloomsday draws nearer, it brought back some memories from my childhood. Growing up in Issaquah, Washington, I didn’t make it to Spokane very often for the event, but every time I did, it was a special experience to share with family.More >>
- Below is a list of the area high school athletes who signed Letters of Intent today, National Signing Day, Feb. 5. The student athlete's will be listed by the high school they attend...More >>
- After the Seattle Seahawks announced a statement for their Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson that he was filing for divorce from his wife, only one question popped into my head. What is going to happen to Danger-Russ on the field? More >>
- Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl, been to the Pro Bowl twice, gone 5-1 in the playoffs, hasn't missed a single game in his two years in the league, thrown 52 touchdowns to his 19 interceptions and will be the lowest-paid quarterback on the Seattle Seahawks' roster in 2014.More >>
- This lengthy build-up leads me to one sincere question: Did the 2001 season doom the Seattle Mariners franchise? If the M's had won the World Series that year, would we be talking about a dynasty? Out of the Park Baseball 15 allows baseball fans to answer that question.
- Per Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review Boise State head basketball coach has interviewed with Washington State University about it's open position after former head coach Ken Bone was fired on Mar. 18.More >>
- Some have said Gonzaga has under performed in recent NCAA Tournaments. But consider this as the Bulldogs prepare for their opening round matchup against Oklahoma State: The Zags haven’t gone one-and-done recently, at least since 2008...More >>
- Gonzaga made its first appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the end of the 1994-95 season. Ever since then, despite all the tournament games, poll rankings and slots on national TV, there are some people who simply missed the memo about how to pronounce the school’s name...More >>
- Last year, everyone was throwing rose pedals on Gonzaga going into the NCAA Tournament. This year, they're all throwing dirt.The bracket prognosticators on ESPN, CBS, and the rest are proclaiming Oklahoma State (Gonzaga's opening round opponent) as the Cinderella of the West Region...More >>
- So here I sit in SEC 101, ROW 47, SEAT 10. The last row of the lowest level of the stadium. On top of that, the seat has a perfect view of the Seahawks end zone. The Super Bowl gods are smiling upon us today...More >>
Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>
- The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in yourYou have reached a page which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous pageMore >>
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding closed captioning on any of our stations, please contact us by filling out the form inside or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at (509) 448-4656.More >>
- Spokenya Run/Walk 2015 is this Saturday and you can still get involved in the 7K event that helpsSpring of Hope International bring sustainable water resources to Africa.Kenyan native and Spokanite DavidOpaphas organized the event, now in its sixth year...More >>
- In the end, true chaos never came to college football this season. Four teams that started near the top of the College Football Playoff rankings will play for the national championship. Alabama will face Washington in one semifinal and Clemson meets Ohio State in the other. None of them were ranked any lower than sixth since the selection committee started ranking teams in early November. Even after a wild finish to championship Saturday, selection Sunday went pretty much as expecte...More >>
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Nigel Williams-Goss scored 23 points as No. 8 Gonzaga beat poor-shooting Washington 98-71 on Wednesday night in a resumption of their cross-state rivalry. Przemek Karnowski added 17 points and Jordan Mathews had 14 for Gonzaga (9-0), which dominated from the opening minutes. Freshman Markelle Fultz had 25 points and 10 rebounds for Washington (4-4), which has lost three straight. The Huskies came in averaging 88 points per ...More >>
After a stressful finals week, a less stressful basketball game is appreciated. The Eastern Washington University men's basketball team jumped out to a 27-2 lead and went on to beat Great Falls handily 103-76 in non-conference game Thursday (Dec. 8) at Reese Court in Cheney, Wash.More >>
The Gonzaga Bulldogs wanted to avoid a slow start against Washington State, and did that Thursday as they finished the first quarter on a 21-12 run that gave them a lead they would not relinquish in a game they never trailed in, inside the McCarthey Athletic Center.More >>
- SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) Gonzaga coach Mark Few was looking for a hard-nosed opponent to schedule at home in December to toughen up his No. 8 Bulldogs. He found one in Akron. The Zips gave Gonzaga all it could handle before a late surge lifted the Bulldogs to a 61-43 victory Saturday night. ''Akron is a heck of a program,'' Few said. ''They push you to the limit physically. We had to grind that one out.'' Przemek Karnowski scored 14 points to lead all players in scoring in a defensive ba...More >>
After a strong career with Billings Senior and MSUB Volleyball, Chelsey Walter is not ready to step off the court.More >>
- By WSU Athletics PULLMAN, Wash. – A seasoned veteran of the Seattle-area high school basketball circuit, with ties to the Cougars, Ed Haskins, has been named Washington State men's basketball assistant coach, head coach Ernie Kent announced Monday. "We are very excited to have Ed Haskins join the Cougar men's basketball program as an assistant coach," Kent said. "Coach Haskins is one of the most successful high school coaches in the country, not jus...More >>