WAPATO, WA - A gas leak briefly interrupted classes Monday morning at Wapato High School.
Construction crews hit the gas line just before noon while working on a new high school construction project on the west side of campus.
Students were moved to several safe locations while emergency crews and the gas company fixed the leak. Students at Camas and Satus Elementary schools were put on a modified lockdown, which means students and staff were kept inside but classes continued as normal.
Crews repaired the leak in about 30 minutes and all students returned to their normal activities.