3-4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, half diced and half sliced
Small bunch of fresh basil, chopped thin
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3-4 slices of prosciutto ham
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Prepare your chicken breast any way you prefer (grilling is the best for this particular meal). If you can't find airline chicken breast, a normal breast cut will do just fine!
2) In a 325° oven, bake the prosciutto ham for 20-25 minutes until it starts to crisp up (using parchment paper to line your baking pan will prevent any burning as the fat of the ham renders in the oven).
3) Dice half of the tomato, and slice the other half (do the same with the fresh mozzarella cheese). The diced ingredients are for the fresh salad, the sliced tomato and cheese is to layer on alongside the diced salad and pesto.
4) Now, take the diced tomato and cheese and mix together in a small bowl, be careful, both of these ingredients are delicate! Next, add your thinly chopped basil, salt and pepper and olive oil and mix.
5) Once you've prepared the pesto, spoon two tablespoons into a circle on a plate. Then spoon the diced salad on top of the pesto. Take the sliced tomato and cheese and layer them next to the pesto & diced salad.
6) Slice the chicken breast and carefully layer it on top of the diced salad & pesto. Place the ham alongside the sliced chicken breast.
The diced salad works well with balsamic vinegar too (be careful, a little goes a long way) and adds a sweet element that pairs nicely with the fresh tomato and the silky cheese.
Gentleman...Valentine's Day is a week away and what better way to show your significant other that you LOVE them than with pesto and cheese!