A Burbank couple is lucky they didn't get hurt after a fire destroyed most of their home.
BURBANK, WA - A Burbank couple is lucky they didn't get hurt after a fire destroyed most of their home.
Firefighters were called out to a mobile home on the 200 block of Ray Boulevard.
Firefighters tell us the owner said they believe the fire may have been started by a heat lamp.
Firefighters found a heat lamp on the porch, near the back door.
When our units arrived, we had heavy black smoke coming from the back of the house. The porch was on fire, which with the wind direction, pushed right into the home," said Walla Walla Fire Chief Mike Wingstrom.
Wingstrom says the smoke damage from this fire is devastating and the home could be a total loss.
Walla Walla, Pasco and Franklin County firefighters helped put out the flames.