The Kennewick Fire Marshal is looking into what sparked a fire at a second story apartment along Edison Street Wednesday night.
KENNEWICK, WA - The Kennewick Fire Marshal is looking into what sparked a fire at a on the back deck of second story apartment along Edison Street Wednesday night.
Our reporter arrived to the Lakeside Apartments just before 9PM, right after the first crew of firefighters arrived and most of the fire was already out, but in that short time, there was significant damage done to the apartment.
However, if it weren't for the calls out to fire departments in Richland and Pasco, this fire could have been much worse.
"It's critical because we can put a lot of resources on the fire very quickly, which is when we need them there. If we had a few units out and it took a while to get out units there, having the mutual aid and automatic aid units available to us really does help," Kennewick Fire Battalion Chief Mikal Barnett explained.
In total, about 40 firefighters from Kennewick, Richland, Pasco, and Benton County Fire District #1 showed up to the scene.
Firefighters were able to save the surrounding apartments, and luckily - no one was hurt.