UPDATE: Suspect In Custody In Connection With Garland Drive-By S - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Suspect In Custody In Connection With Garland Drive-By Shooting

Posted: Updated:
SPOKANE, Wash. - Mobile users, to view slideshow photos, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/nw2b3fm

UPDATE:

SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Major Crimes detectives have arrested 28-year-old Marshall M. Barkdull in connection to the drive-by shooting that occurred on Saturday, February 15th in the 800 block of W. Walton. Barkdull was arrested on Wednesday without incident on three counts of 1st Degree Assault and booked into the Spokane County Jail.

In the course of the investigation, Major Crimes detectives identified Barkdull as a suspect in the incident. Detectives believe he was the driver of the vehicle involved in the shooting.

Major Crimes detectives will continue their investigation into the incident and work to bring the shooting suspect into custody. Anyone with additional information on this incident is asked to call Crime Check at 456-2233

UPDATE: On Monday Spokane Police released information on a possible vehicle used in Saturday's shooting in the Garland District. The vehicle is described as a dark blue SUV. The suspect remains on the loose. If you have any information that can help the police call Crime Check at 509-456-2233.

PREVIOUS STORY:

One person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries after being shot on Saturday in the Garland area.

Detectives with the Spokane Police Department say the shooting happened just after 4:00pm in the 800 block of W. Walton. Witnesses told police one man had been shot by another man. Police say they were on scene three minutes after the call was made to dispatch, but the suspect fled the area in a dark colored vehicle, possibly a Suburban, and was not located.

The victim, who has not been identified was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Detectives spent the rest of the day interviewing witness and searching the area for evidence, but so far they have not said if they have any suspects. They are asking anyone with any information to call Crime Check at 456-2233.


HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • PHOTOS: Reward offered as detectives search for truck stolen from murder scene

    PHOTOS: Reward offered as detectives search for truck stolen from murder scene

    Monday, October 23 2017 1:33 PM EDT2017-10-23 17:33:26 GMT

    SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information that helps detectives find a stolen pickup taken from the property of a 2015 murder. 

    More >>

    SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information that helps detectives find a stolen pickup taken from the property of a 2015 murder.  The 1994 Toyota extended cab pickup was taken from the property in Colbert where Terry Canfield and his wife and son were murdered in 2015.  "In April 2017 two vehicles, a 1990 Acura and a 1994 Toyota pickup, were reported as stolen," Deputy Mark Gregory said.

    More >>
  • Bill O'Reilly says attacks are 'horror show'

    Bill O'Reilly says attacks are 'horror show'

    Monday, October 23 2017 12:00 PM EDT2017-10-23 16:00:16 GMT

    NEW YORK - Bill O'Reilly says he's being attacked for political purposes and that it's been a "horror show" for him and his family. The former Fox News Channel host was interviewed by one-time colleague Glenn Beck on this weekend's story in The New York Times that Fox paid a $32 million settlement to a former legal analyst who had accused O'Reilly of harassment. 

    More >>

    NEW YORK - Bill O'Reilly says he's being attacked for political purposes and that it's been a "horror show" for him and his family. The former Fox News Channel host was interviewed by one-time colleague Glenn Beck on this weekend's story in The New York Times that Fox paid a $32 million settlement to a former legal analyst who had accused O'Reilly of harassment. 

    More >>
  • Justice denies request to restore Aaron Hernandez conviction

    Justice denies request to restore Aaron Hernandez conviction

    Monday, October 23 2017 11:50 AM EDT2017-10-23 15:50:17 GMT

    BOSTON - A justice on Massachusetts' highest court has denied prosecutors' request to reinstate the murder conviction of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez. The conviction in the 2013 fatal shooting of Odin Lloyd was voided by a Superior Court judge in May because Hernandez killed himself in prison. 

    More >>

    BOSTON - A justice on Massachusetts' highest court has denied prosecutors' request to reinstate the murder conviction of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez. The conviction in the 2013 fatal shooting of Odin Lloyd was voided by a Superior Court judge in May because Hernandez killed himself in prison. 

    More >>