Friends and volunteers of Project Warm-Up are holding a benefit concert for the families who lost their homes last week in the Lakeside Apartment fire in Kennewick.
KENNEWICK, WA - Friends and volunteers of Project Warm-Up are holding a benefit concert for the families who lost their homes last week in the Lakeside Apartment fire in Kennewick.
Holli Calder-Cox, along with 13 other people, lost almost everything in the fire, which is still under investigation. The 64-year-old also runs Project Warm-Up, a non-profit organization that helps the homeless and people displaced by disasters.
Ed Dailey, the radio teacher at Tri-Tech, is spearheading the benefit concert, happening at Clover Island on Saturday. He knows Calder-Cox through her work with Project Warm-Up.
Dailey said many of the fire victims are still shocked by what happened.
"A large majority of us are three months away from being homeless," said Dailey. "If we were to lose our job or something catastrophic happened in our lives, we could easily be homeless and so that's a concept we have in our mind when we try to help people," he added.
The benefit concert is Saturday, February 22nd, from 8:00 p.m. until midnight, at Clover Island in Kennewick. Country band, "Stompin Ground" is headlining the show. Organizers are asking for a $10 donation and 100% of the proceeds will go to the families affected by the fire.