Cause Discovered for 2 Alarm Fire That Destroys Home in Gleed - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Cause Discovered for 2 Alarm Fire That Destroys Home in Gleed

Posted: Updated:

GLEED, WA. -- We have more information on a two alarm fire that destroyed a home North of Gleed Saturday night.

Gleed Fire Department Deputy Chief Steve Ingram said the fire on Pleasant Valley Road was started by an oil fueled heater that sparked up in the chimney causing the roof to catch fire.

We talked to the owner of the home today who said he was sleeping when the fire started and is devastated to lose his home. One adult and two children escaped the fire unharmed.

 

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

-------------------------------------

GLEED, WA. -- NBC Right Now was the only news station at the scene of a two alarm fire North of Gleed Saturday evening.

At least six different fire departments were called to the fire on the 100 block of Pleasant Valley Road that may have started in the attic.

There is little information available at this time but a fire fighter on scene did confirm the home is a total loss.

We'll bring you the latest as we learn more.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.