Oso Mudslide: Death Toll Rises, Red Cross Volunteers From North Idaho Help Mudslide SurvivorsPosted: Updated:
Oso Mudslide: Death Toll Rises, Red Cross Volunteers From North Idaho Help Mudslide SurvivorsMore>>
- News stories about the mudslide that occurred on Saturday, March 22, 2014 in Oso, Washington, north of Seattle.More >>News stories about the mudslide that occurred on Saturday, March 22, 2014 in Oso, Washington, north of Seattle.More >>
- DARRINGTON, Wash. (AP) - Washington authorities say the official death toll from a devastating mudslide remains at 16, with eight additional bodies located but not recovered.More >>DARRINGTON, Wash. (AP) - Washington authorities say the official death toll from a devastating mudslide remains at 16, with eight additional bodies located but not recovered. Snohomish County Emergency Management Director John Pennington says Wednesday that the number of people missing or unaccounted for dropped Wednesday from 176 to 90.More >>
- KHQ.COM - Every year, in ways both large and small, Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) personnel respond to the needs of others impacted by disaster.More >>KHQ.COM - Every year, in ways both large and small, Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) personnel respond to the needs of others impacted by disaster.
- THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - President Barack Obama is asking Americans to send their thoughts and prayers to Washington state as search operations continue following a devastating mudslide.More >>THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - President Barack Obama is asking Americans to send their thoughts and prayers to Washington state as search operations continue following a devastating mudslide.
- SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle hospital says a 22-week-old baby boy injured in a deadly Washington state mudslide is improving although he is still listed in critical condition.More >>SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle hospital says a 22-week-old baby boy injured in a deadly Washington state mudslide is improving although he is still listed in critical condition.
Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>
SPOKANE, Wash. - It's a reunion decades in the making. Two brothers separated as babies have been brought back together in Spokane by the power of the internet. KHQ sat down with them after they met in person for the first time in more than 50 years. For more than half a century, Nick Nickelson didn't know his older brother David Johnson existed. He had been adopted when he was less than a year old. "My parents had no clue,"More >>
Here are the extended versions of the KHQ Local News 11 at 11 Mad Minute stories from Friday, February 23rd.More >>
CARSON, Ca. - Two kids eager to see Marvel's "Black Panther" reached into their creative pockets to try and receive a discounted price for admission last weekend, and quickly became a viral sensation. Twitter user Pillsbury posted a video Friday showing himself and another friend disguised as a "tall man" — the disguise where two children stand on top of one another in a large trench coat with some sort of hat — at a movie theater. TheirMore >>
TULSA, Okla. - The owner of an Oklahoma liquor store has released graphic surveillance video showing a violent run-in with an armed robber. KTUL reports that police responded to Forest Acres Liquor Store in Tulsa Thursday evening after the clerk called 911, saying they shot the suspect several times. The suspect took off before officers arrived, but he later showed up at a nearby hospital. Police identified the suspect as Tyrone Lee, andMore >>
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - The Washington House amended and passed a bill to ban trigger devices that allow semi-automatic rifles to fire more rapidly. The bill moved on a 56-41 vote Friday after the chamber accepted an amendment that would allow the Washington State Patrol to set up a "buy back" program for people who already own the devices, known as bump stocks. The measure now heads for a final vote in the Senate, which passed the underlying measure last month on aMore >>
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Being a dad is a full-time job, but Michael Hrehor always finds time to play with his kids. He’s a fun-loving father, but playtime can sometimes be cut short. “At first I just got viral meningitis, thought I got over it, but then about 10 years later I had viral meningitis again,” Hrehor said, “and they said 'hey, you have recurring viral meningitis' and I said ‘that's a thing?’” Hrehor has livedMore >>
DEER PARK, Wash. - Washington State Patrol is investigating a crash on Highway 395 near Deer Park. WSP officials said they were working to rescue two people who were trapped as a result of the crash Friday evening. Troopers said two cars were involved and there are serious injuries. Highway 395 is blocked in both directions. Traffic is being divert southbound at Owens and northbound at Burrows. Avoid the area if possible.More >>
Spokane Valley, Wash. As a father of four, Justin Hein was not happy that his 12-year-old daughter and five other students walked over a mile from Centennial Middle School to her home last week, “Kind of Frustrated,” said Hein. He continued by saying, “I had no clue that my kid was even nominated or telling to walk home from school with slippery ice, people driving, that aren't watching where they are going, and trying to watch a cell phone. And I have to worryMore >>
SPOKANE, Wash. Riverfront Park crews and contractors continue to work to re-open the Ice Ribbon after a mechanical flaw was detected in one of the ice-making components. The goal is to re-open ice skating in early March. A vessel that held ammonia – key to forming and maintaining ice – developed a crack and needed to be replaced. In addition, a test of the entire refrigeration system was completed to ensure the damage was confined to one vessel.More >>
SPOKANE, Wash. - This year, there are more ways than ever before to feed the hungry while participating in Inlander Restaurant Week, Feb. 22-March 3. Inlander Restaurant Week is debuting a new initiative, called Everyone Eats , which will allow diners at select restaurants to make a direct donation to Second Harvest on their Inlander Restaurant Week bills. The following restaurants are participating in the donation program: The Backyard Public House Blackbird Tavern + KitchenMore >>