Oso Mudslide: Death Toll Rises, Red Cross Volunteers From North Idaho Help Mudslide SurvivorsPosted: Updated:
Oso Mudslide: Death Toll Rises, Red Cross Volunteers From North Idaho Help Mudslide SurvivorsMore>>
- News stories about the mudslide that occurred on Saturday, March 22, 2014 in Oso, Washington, north of Seattle.More >>News stories about the mudslide that occurred on Saturday, March 22, 2014 in Oso, Washington, north of Seattle.More >>
- DARRINGTON, Wash. (AP) - Washington authorities say the official death toll from a devastating mudslide remains at 16, with eight additional bodies located but not recovered.More >>DARRINGTON, Wash. (AP) - Washington authorities say the official death toll from a devastating mudslide remains at 16, with eight additional bodies located but not recovered. Snohomish County Emergency Management Director John Pennington says Wednesday that the number of people missing or unaccounted for dropped Wednesday from 176 to 90.More >>
- KHQ.COM - Every year, in ways both large and small, Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) personnel respond to the needs of others impacted by disaster.More >>KHQ.COM - Every year, in ways both large and small, Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) personnel respond to the needs of others impacted by disaster.
- THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - President Barack Obama is asking Americans to send their thoughts and prayers to Washington state as search operations continue following a devastating mudslide.More >>THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - President Barack Obama is asking Americans to send their thoughts and prayers to Washington state as search operations continue following a devastating mudslide.
- SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle hospital says a 22-week-old baby boy injured in a deadly Washington state mudslide is improving although he is still listed in critical condition.More >>SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle hospital says a 22-week-old baby boy injured in a deadly Washington state mudslide is improving although he is still listed in critical condition.
Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - Alaska State Troopers used a battering ram mounted on an armored vehicle to break into a Fairbanks home and arrest a man wanted in Idaho. The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports the tactical vehicle took out the front door and several trees in front of the house. A police dog eventually found 41-year-old Kelo Smoke hiding in a crawl space under bats of insulation. Troopers went to Smoke's home Tuesday asMore >>
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - On the morning of August 19, Spokane Valley Deputies responded to the area of Mansfield and Mirabeau Parkway to investigate a report of a male exposing himself to a female while masturbating in front of her. The woman told deputies that she was walking her dog when she heard a noise. She noticed a bald male with a large build and only wearing a pair of shorts standing by a tree staring at her. As she movedMore >>
ST. ANTHONY, Idaho (AP) - A 58-year-old Washington state woman died and a 67-year-old Washington state man was injured when their utility-terrain vehicle rolled over at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes in eastern Idaho. Authorities say Kimberly Bailey died in the crash on Monday and Allen Connelly sustained injuries after both were thrown from the vehicle during the rollover. Both are from Vancouver, Washington. Fremont County SheriffMore >>
RIDGEFIELD, Wash. (AP) - The Washington State Patrol is re-evaluating procedures after a trooper responded to what seemed to be an abandoned motorcycle crash but turned out to be a fatal crash scene. The Columbian reports state patrol spokesman Trooper Will Finn said Tuesday the patrol doesn't want to be in that situation again. The ordeal led the family of Travis Williams of Ridgefield to search the crash area near Interstate 5 inMore >>
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - A judge has ruled a small population of grizzly bears in Montana and Idaho near the Canadian border can be considered endangered even if they are not on the brink of extinction. U.S. District Judge Dana Christensen's order Monday reversed the 2014 re-classification by U.S. wildlife officials for the 40-50 bears of the Cabinet-Yaak bear population under the federal Endangered Species Act.More >>
MOSCOW - A senior Russian official says that Russia and the United States aren't in a new Cold War despite spiraling tensions. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov denounced the U.S. sanctions against Russia, but emphasized that the current tension "isn't equivalent to confrontation that may spill into open conflict."More >>
ROSALIA, Wash. - A high speed chase with a stolen vehicle ended in a crash Wednesday morning near Rosalia. Authorities tell us they initially responded to a call for vehicle prowlers in the Spangle area just before 5am. When they made contact with the stolen vehicle, the driver refused to stop and a high speed chase ensued with maximum speeds reaching more than 100mph.More >>
MYERSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania couple accused of tying and weighting down a mattress on top of their toddler son's crib so he couldn't climb out have been charged in his suffocation death. WGAL-TV reports 29-year-old Justin Dwyer and 28-year-old Courtney Stash were charged Tuesday with involuntary manslaughter and other crimes in the April death of their 2-year-old son.More >>
SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane restaurant owners say they're frustrated that a well-known dine and dasher who was arrested earlier this year for the same thing is once again back at it. Jason Ferraro, the owner of Ferraro's on north Division, says his restaurant was the latest victim in a string of eat and runs. Last week he says a woman came into his restaurant and took off without paying.More >>
NEW YORK - Verizon is raising the price of its unlimited plan while introducing a slightly cheaper, more limited version as wireless carriers battle each other for customers. All major carriers now offer unlimited plans after years of steering people toward paying extra for using more data. Verizon, like its rivals, will start charging more for higher-quality video while hoping to attract cost-conscious customers with a cheaper plan.More >>