ARLINGTON, WA - Authorities say just 18 people are now listed as missing in the deadly Washington state mudslide.
That's down from 20 that officials earlier had said still hadn't been accounted for following the March 22 slide that buried a community at Oso, about 55 miles north of Seattle.
A county medical examiner has increased the death toll in the mudslide to 29. That's one more victim than had been reported Tuesday, but the number officially identified by the Snohomish County medical examiner's office on Wednesday remains at 22.
UPDATE/ARLINGTON, WA - As of Wednesday morning, the Snohomish County Medical Examiner says the death toll in the Oso mudslide has now increased to 29.
ARLINGTON, WA - The official death toll from Oso's mudslide has increased to 28, and the Snohomish County medical examiner's office says 22 of those victims have been identified.
That's up from 27 dead with 19 identified Tuesday morning.
The latest names added to the list are 65-year-old Thom E. Satterlee, 60-year-old Lon E. Slauson and 23-year-old Adam Farnes. Like the rest, they were died of blunt force injuries suffered in the March 22nd slide northeast of Seattle.
Officials say receding floodwaters near the rural community of Oso are helping in the search for human remains by exposing more sites that can be examined.