KENNEWICK, WA - A local man served in World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Now, Harold Abraham lives in Burbank.
On Thursday night, a Cascade Natural Gas employee went to Abraham's home on a service call. Kody Simonson found Abraham's stove was leaking and had to shut it off. Simonson couldn't get the man off of his mind and returned after work with a microwave so Abraham could heat his food for the night.
Simonson then shared the story in a Facebook post and his random act of kindness has snowballed. Fred's Appliance donated a brand new stove and had it installed on Friday night.
"It just goes to show that word of mouth and social networking really does have a positive impact as much as it can be negative. I mean, you turn a story like this into a little miracle," said Simonson.
The good deeds don't stop there, either. A fundraising site set up for Abraham raised more than $600 in its first day up. That money will go to fixing up Abraham's house and purchasing food to cook on his brand new stove.