Single Mom Of Twin Girls, Just One Of Four Residents Displaced I - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Single Mom Of Twin Girls, Just One Of Four Residents Displaced In Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Single Mom Of Twin Girls, Just One Of Four Residents Displaced In Apartment FireMore>>

  • Mom And Twin Daughters Displaced By Fire On Mother's Day

    Mom And Twin Daughters Displaced By Fire On Mother's Day

    Monday, May 12 2014 9:24 PM EDT2014-05-13 01:24:49 GMT
    A fire ripped through the Pine Villa Apartment building on Graves Road in North Spokane Sunday, displacing several families, including Amanda Haggard and her 6-month-old twin daughters.A fire ripped through the Pine Villa Apartment building on Graves Road in North Spokane Sunday, displacing several families, including Amanda Haggard and her 6-month-old twin daughters.
    SPOKANE, Wash. - A fire ripped through the Pine Villa Apartment building on Graves Road in North Spokane Sunday, displacing several families, including Amanda Haggard and her 6-month-old twin daughters. More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - A fire ripped through the Pine Villa Apartment building on Graves Road in North Spokane Sunday, displacing several families, including Amanda Haggard and her 6-month-old twin daughters. This was their first Mother's Day as a family and having a fire destroy their apartment was the last thing she expected on that day.More >>
Mobile App Users Click This Link To WATCH Video And View Slideshow Photos: http://tinyurl.com/n3aw5n2

SPOKANE, Wash. - Sunday evening around 8:30, fire crews responded to an apartment fire at the Pine Villa Apartments just North of the "Y" in Spokane on E. Graves Rd. Pictures and video show flames poured out of the building and quickly spread causing everyone to evacuate.

A man who lives in the apartments said the whole east end is "toast" and that sparks came from a back bedroom window that caught a bush on fire which then caught the building on fire. Fire crews however, have not confirmed an official cause. 

Four apartments were completely destroyed and the American Red Cross is helping those residents find temporary places to stay.

KHQ has received requests from two different single mothers who lost nearly everything in the fire.

One mother has twin 5-month-old girls. She was only able to make it out with both car seats, a diaper bag with 12 diapers and 2 cases of formula, her car keys, computer and cell phone. The mother wears size 14-16. Anyone who would like to donate items to help her get back on her feet can email Shelly Monahan at Shelly.Monahan@khq.com.

We have also heard there was another single mother of two boys who lost nearly everything in the fire. We are working to figure out the ages of her boys and the sizes they wear.

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Plane makes emergency landing at Spokane Airport

    Plane makes emergency landing at Spokane Airport

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:27 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:27:41 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - UPS Airbus 300 made an emergency landing as a precautionary measure at the Spokane Airport Wednesday morning. According to Todd Woodard with Spokane International, the pilots thought they had multiple tires blown when they departed from Portland on a scheduled flight to Spokane.More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - UPS Airbus 300 made an emergency landing as a precautionary measure at the Spokane Airport Wednesday morning. According to Todd Woodard with Spokane International, the pilots thought they had multiple tires blown when they departed from Portland on a scheduled flight to Spokane.
    More >>
  • Permanent disaster relief center opens in Pateros

    Permanent disaster relief center opens in Pateros

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:42 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:42:56 GMT
    PATEROS, Wash. - Community volunteers, in association with various charities, private donors, local businesses and government emergency response agencies have worked together to open a more permanent disaster relief center in Pateros, WA. The new center will act as a distribution site for the large volumes of donated items including food, clothing, household supplies, baby items and so forth.More >>
    PATEROS, Wash. - Community volunteers, in association with various charities, private donors, local businesses and government emergency response agencies have worked together to open a more permanent disaster relief center in Pateros, WA. The new center will act as a distribution site for the large volumes of donated items including food, clothing, household supplies, baby items and so forth.More >>
  • A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:33:02 GMT
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.More >>
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.