UPDATE: Early Morning House Fire in Richland Ruled Accidental - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Early Morning House Fire in Richland Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:
The Richland Fire Department says the cause of Thursday morning's house fire was accidental. The Richland Fire Department says the cause of Thursday morning's house fire was accidental.

UPDATE/RICHLAND, WA - The Richland Fire Department says the cause of Thursday morning's house fire was accidental.

Firefighters say a desk lamp was left too close to combustible bedding and caught fire around 3 a.m. They had the fire under control around 3:20 a.m. but the home was a total loss.

A mom, dad, and three boys were renting out the home. The boys were not home, the mother got out in time, and paramedics took the father to a local hospital with second degree burns.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family.


PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

RICHLAND, WA - Firefighters in Richland say a man is in the hospital after a fire broke out Thursday morning inside a home in the 1600 block of McPherson Avenue.

When firefighters got there flames were shooting several feet into the air and the front of the home was fully engulfed. The fire also caused oxygen tanks inside the home to explode.

Two people were inside the home, one got out with no injuries but the man suffered burns on his arm.

Firefighters are now trying to figure out how the fire started.
HD DOPPLER 6i
/