Fire damages Spokane home during power outage - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire damages Spokane home during power outage

Posted: Updated:

SPOKANE, Wash.- Neighbors say faulty wiring is to blame for a fire that badly damaged a home in northeast Spokane Sunday. The neighbors say the family was using a generator after Saturday's storm knocked out their power. The faulty wiring sparked the fire in the attic.

Spokane Fire District 9 responded to the fire around 2 p.m. The fire broke out near the intersection of N. Argonne Road and N. Bruce Road.

Because crews could not reach water wells, they had to bring in tanks of water to fight the fire.

Firefighters tell KHQ there is significant damage, but the home is not a total loss. No one was hurt.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Police confront man armed with bat during interview about downtown 'problem spot'

    Police confront man armed with bat during interview about downtown 'problem spot'

    Thursday, May 24 2018 2:28 AM EDT2018-05-24 06:28:47 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Crime is becoming a growing concern in parts of downtown Spokane-- and police are getting all to familiar with it. The worse it gets, the fewer people want to spend time there-- which only creates a vicious cycle. Tonight while while we were in the downtown neighborhood, we saw firsthand what businesses and police are worried about and say they see every day. "I think most areas are overall safe," Officer John O'Brien 

    More >>

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Crime is becoming a growing concern in parts of downtown Spokane-- and police are getting all to familiar with it. The worse it gets, the fewer people want to spend time there-- which only creates a vicious cycle. Tonight while while we were in the downtown neighborhood, we saw firsthand what businesses and police are worried about and say they see every day. "I think most areas are overall safe," Officer John O'Brien 

    More >>
  • Pasco officials revoke city's 22-year personal fireworks ban

    Pasco officials revoke city's 22-year personal fireworks ban

    Thursday, May 24 2018 2:27 AM EDT2018-05-24 06:27:33 GMT

    PASCO, Wash. (AP) - The Washington state city of Pasco has lifted a 22-year ban on personal fireworks. The Tri-City Herald reports that the City Council unanimously voted this week to allow fireworks that stay on the ground, while ones that fly in the air remain illegal. Pasco joins Richland and West Richland in allowing limited fireworks. Bans remain in effect for Franklin County and the cities of Kennewick and Prosser. Mayor Matt Watkins said the council be...

    More >>

    PASCO, Wash. (AP) - The Washington state city of Pasco has lifted a 22-year ban on personal fireworks. The Tri-City Herald reports that the City Council unanimously voted this week to allow fireworks that stay on the ground, while ones that fly in the air remain illegal. Pasco joins Richland and West Richland in allowing limited fireworks. Bans remain in effect for Franklin County and the cities of Kennewick and Prosser. Mayor Matt Watkins said the council be...

    More >>
  • Case of Legionnaires' disease suspected at UW Medical Center

    Case of Legionnaires' disease suspected at UW Medical Center

    Thursday, May 24 2018 2:25 AM EDT2018-05-24 06:25:20 GMT

    SEATTLE, Wash. (AP) - A case of Legionnaires' disease has been suspected at the University of Washington Medical Center. KOMO-TV reported Wednesday that this is the third time in as many years that the disease has been suspected at the facility. Officials said the patient "has been diagnosed with a highly probable health care associated Legionella pneumonia." Officials said the patient is in satisfactory condition and is responding well to treatment. ...

    More >>

    SEATTLE, Wash. (AP) - A case of Legionnaires' disease has been suspected at the University of Washington Medical Center. KOMO-TV reported Wednesday that this is the third time in as many years that the disease has been suspected at the facility. Officials said the patient "has been diagnosed with a highly probable health care associated Legionella pneumonia." Officials said the patient is in satisfactory condition and is responding well to treatment. ...

    More >>